Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seahawks Trade Michael Bennett To Eagles

Eagles to acquire Michael Bennett from Seahawks

The Seattle Seahawks are trading defensive end Michael Bennett and a seventh-round pick to the Philadelphia Eagles for a fifth-round pick and wide receiver Marcus Johnson, sources tell ESPN.

ohnson, who has run the 40 in 4.36 seconds, gives Seattle insurance if it loses speedy wide receiver Paul Richardson in free agency.

The addition of Bennett will allow the Eagles to explore a potential trade of defensive end Vinny Curry.

Bennett was second on the Seahawks with 8.5 sacks in 2017 and again led the team's defensive linemen in playing time by a wide margin. But there were doubts about his future in Seattle, as he will turn 33 in November and dealt with knee injuries and a torn plantar fascia in his foot during the season.

He signed a three-year, $29.5 million deal with the Seahawks in December 2016.

"With me, I'm fine. I mean, whatever happens, I've loved being a Seahawk," Bennett told reporters on Jan. 1. "... You love the organization. You love the players that you played with. We've won a lot of games. So if I am not here, I would never have any hard feelings toward the organization. I love [coach] Pete Carroll and [general manager] John Schneider, and we just move forward. It's part of football."

Bennett entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent with the Seahawks in 2009 but spent the majority of his first four seasons with Tampa Bay. He returned to Seattle as a free agent in 2013 and produced 39 sacks over his five seasons with the team. He was named to the Pro Bowl in each of the past three seasons and was a member of Seattle's Super Bowl XLVIII championship team.
Working...
X