No announcement yet.

DeSean Jackson released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love to see their stats mapped out per game being that Jackson has 30 games on Maclin. That and he benefited greatly last season due to Chip's system and Foles being so fantastically amazingly awesome. Saying Maclin is a better overall WR is an opinion and I am due my own opinion. And it has nothing to do with being a return man or sometimes RB. I was only speaking as a WR and I would much rather have Maclin.

Just saying watch Maclin next season and you will wonder what he would have done in 2013 if it wasn't for his injury.

And your last paragraph is pure hogwash as I'm not even an Eagles fan so I can't be a homer for a team I'm not even a fan of. I'm a Foles fan.

Comment

If I remember correctly you are a Cards fan and Foles was a pretty good qb from UofA.
      http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Originally posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
        I would love to see their stats mapped out per game being that Jackson has 30 games on Maclin. That and he benefited greatly last season due to Chip's system and Foles being so fantastically amazingly awesome. Saying Maclin is a better overall WR is an opinion and I am due my own opinion. And it has nothing to do with being a return man or sometimes RB. I was only speaking as a WR and I would much rather have Maclin.

Just saying watch Maclin next season and you will wonder what he would have done in 2013 if it wasn't for his injury.

And your last paragraph is pure hogwash as I'm not even an Eagles fan so I can't be a homer for a team I'm not even a fan of. I'm a Foles fan.
        Okay, we can do that...

Jeremy Maclin:
        59 Career Games (5 years pro)
        4.37 Receptions per game
        58.54 Receiving Yards per game
        13.33 Yards per catch
        26 Career TD's

DeSean Jackson:
        87 Career Games (6 years pro)
        4.10 Receptions per game
        70.31 Receiving yards per game
        17.81 Yared per catch
        39 Career TD's (4 Return, 3 Rushing)

There you go, per game stats. You can also tack on about 350-400 rushing yards for DeSean Jackson. Over 87 games that is negligible per game, but he also doesn't rush every game. Jackson does have 30 more games than Maclin, but only one more year in the league. Perhaps Jackson wouldn't have 30 games on Maclin if Maclin didn't get injured (this isn't a plus for Maclin... just sayin'). You can't just discount that and say he would have performed if not for injury, the fact is he was injured, and that has to count against him in comparison to other receivers. Then, you also have to ask, Maclin is recovering from serious injury, can he be the same player?

I won't wonder what Maclin could have done last year, I will watch what he does this year.

Saying Maclin is a better receiver is your opinion, and everyone is entitled to their opinion, but opinions can be wrong. Opinions not based on fact or evidence are not correct, they are not based on reality. This only works in objective comparisons of course. For example, if you were to say that green is better than blue, there is no way to disprove that as it is subjective in nature. However, to objectively say that Maclin is a better receiver than Jackson, you have to look at the evidence / statistics. We have done that here and by all measurable standards, Jackson is the superior receiver. You are entitled to say that you would rather have Maclin as your guy, you just wouldn't be picking the statistically better receiver in that instance.

Lastly, if you remove the homer part of the last paragraph from my last post, it still stands. As your picture (that you very nicely added to your profile after my post) so eloquently states, come correct or don't come at all. I am coming with numbers and evidence, you are coming with feels.
        PC'ing Minnesota Twins Auto's and GU's, and popular former Twins in their Twins uniform!

Currently Updating My Bucket: http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/drubacca_117/library/

Comment

Working...
        X