Vince Young says NFL career likely over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vince Young says NFL career likely over

Is Vince Young ready to officially hang up his cleats?

According to KXAN in Houston, the Longhorn legend revealed at his annual football camp Saturday that he believes his NFL career is over.

"It's definitely official I think in my book," Young, 31, said of his potential retirement. "Unless we get a great opportunity -- something guaranteed -- other than that I've started moving forward in some things."

Young certainly never had it easy in the NFL. After leading Texas to the NCAA National Championship, Young was the third overall selection in the 2006 NFL Draft to the Tennessee Titans. During his time in Nashville, he was awarded Rookie of the Year honors and selected twice to the Pro Bowl.

Despite his moderate success, Young and head coach Jeff Fisher clashed, which eventually led to his release in 2010.

"I had my ups and downs," Young continued. "I made the mistake of getting in to it with my coach and that kind of hurt me a whole lot. When you go to different teams, they already have a bad perception of you. When that's out there, there's nothing you can do."

Following his release from the Titans, Young went on to sign one-year contracts with the Eagles, Bills and Packers. Young never played in a regular-season game for Buffalo or Wisconsin as he was cut before the season started.

He signed with the Browns in May but was cut after only 12 days.

"That's what everyone else focuses on, I don't focus on that. It wasn't too bad," Young said of his NFL struggles. "I'm very happy and thankful for living the dream I had as a kid."

Though his playing days may be over, Young might have a gig with his alma mater. In April, Young revealed that the Longhorns had a "great" job for him once his playing days were over.

"If it doesn't work out," he said at the time, "you still had a great shot at it, still was a Pro Bowler, playoff guy and still got a winning percentage and things like that. If it doesn't work out it's in God's hands. I just stay strong and continue to live my life and enjoy my life, especially taking care of my little ones."
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/92956495@N04/sets/

my photobucket is my collection. some will be easier to trade than others, so don't be offended if I turn down a trade offer I don't like
    I collect hof au's/gu's,rcs and select lions/bears/vikings/twins/cubs for friends

It certainly didn't work out for him in the NFL.

Also, if this article was written by a journalist, he should be fired for this blunder:

"Following his release from the Titans, Young went on to sign one-year contracts with the Eagles, Bills and Packers. Young never played in a regular-season game for Buffalo or Wisconsin as he was cut before the season started."

I did see an even bigger error in my local paper, the Arkansas Democrat Gazette, on June 6th. There were a few articles commemorating D-Day and one particular article you could tell was written by a 22 year old chick who didn't know what the significance or importance of D-Day was and didn't do much research. She repeatedly stated that American troops stormed the beaches of Normandy to liberate France and Occupied Germany. That statement is true to a point; the goal was to liberate France and Germany was occupied....BY GERMANS! Repeated emails to that journalist and she still couldn't see her error! Her editor agreed that it should have read "liberate occupied France and defeat Germany."

But, yeah, an uneventful career for a player who had a lot going for him coming out of college.
    Last edited by jwgreen68; 06-15-2014, 04:30 PM.

Comment

lol it was
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/92956495@N04/sets/

my photobucket is my collection. some will be easier to trade than others, so don't be offended if I turn down a trade offer I don't like
      I collect hof au's/gu's,rcs and select lions/bears/vikings/twins/cubs for friends

Comment

Working...
      X