Thoughts on grading the 2014 Leaf Pure Trinity "cards"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on grading the 2014 Leaf Pure Trinity "cards"

Hey guys Ive been collecting alot of the new rookies watkins, sankey, hill glass cards for 2014 leaf trinity pure. My question is on grading them. As they are technically acrylic or some composite it seems that itd be difficult taking proper precautions, to damage them So they should all come out and maintain a 10 grade right? Would there be a point to taking the time and expense to grade them then?

Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks.

I, personally, don't have cards graded.

Though the "plastic" should be resistant to minor damage, there is the possibility of a card being cut incorrectly or the photo/lettering being applied off center or smudged. Then there are surface issues that could arise from running through the machines.

I think that, if you grade cards, those might be things to consider.
    - Dave

I collect Calvin, Barry, 1 auto each of rookie Lions that make the team & HOF auto & GU.

Albums

Updated 3/25/2016

Comment

I have a complete set of 2012 Panini Elite Rookie Hard Hats. I was told to grade all 65 cards. First, the expense would be enormous. Second, if you use a jewelers loop, you'll find minute almost microscopic scratches on the surface of the acetate cards. These imperfections will determine a card grade from 8.5 to a 10. As you are well aware, 8.5 has actually decreased the sale value of a particular card whereas a 10 sell value can command the price of a new car!

I am sending in an auto to be authenticated. Although it's a completely different product as yours, I have followed my rule. To reiterate, be careful with what you send in, inspect, inspect, inspect, and and don't get high expectations on your card. That way if your card comes back with a grade of 9.5 or a 10, you'll be pleasantly surprised. My card has minimal purchase value, if it's a fake, so be it, if not, I have an extremely great piece of football history. One can only wait and be patient.

Toshi
      Last edited by hayn; 06-30-2014, 06:25 PM.
      I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

Comment

Great advice and good luck with ur autograph, hope its real

Comment

Thank you, I hope it's real too. The card is a 1996 Ted Williams Oncard Auto TTM of Johnny Unitas. Keep me up to date in regards to your grading of your card(s). I will do the same as well.

Thank you,
          Toshi
          I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

Comment

Working...
          X