Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good place for low end trades?

Greetings sports fans,

I was wondering, what is the best place to try and pull of low end trade deals (80's-Today rookie, non-auto/patch cards)? Is there one?

anytime I see trades or anything posted here it always seems to be 'hits' only, some insanely expensive Luck Auto or something...

just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction, if Cardboard Connection is the place to be, or if i'd have better success elsewhere. (I apologize, and please remove if this is against board policy, I tried to find a general rules guide, but didn't come across one).
    “We got a long ways to go.”-Deuce McCallister

LSU grad and Aaron Brooks + era Saints fan...Collector of all interesting and odd cards Saints and LSU related. I shoot for any LSU/Saints Autos and Relic cards that I don't have one of yet, and am attempting to build a collection of every saints draft pick rookie ever, additionally certain /25 card sets and Topps Chrome Rainbows, of the man himself, Sir Drew Brees.

I would say here but I am biased. LOL!

Try posting a wantlist thread in that sports subforum and see what replies you get. A lot of members have low end stuff to trade but sometimes dont have time to list out every card on their tradelist.

Comment

LOL, thanks Key, I am genuinely just soliciting information. I just never see these types of trades. I would guess its because of the continued declining popularity of non-auto/relic cards, combined with the ease of purchasing of lower end cards on ebay or COMC.

I would just love to find some similar minded collectors who might want to unload some 80s-90s Saints rookies for some random rookies of their preference. Instead of having to go on COMC and pay .50 for them while I keep a bunch of cards I don't collect in a corner just because I collecting everything growing up. Also because a few months back I decided I wanted to have a rookie of every 1st round draft pick ever (this was a foolish endeavor that I managed to spend about $500 on over several months, but man, was it sweet...but that's for another post.)

LSU grad and Aaron Brooks + era Saints fan...Collector of all interesting and odd cards Saints and LSU related. I shoot for any LSU/Saints Autos and Relic cards that I don't have one of yet, and am attempting to build a collection of every saints draft pick rookie ever, additionally certain /25 card sets and Topps Chrome Rainbows, of the man himself, Sir Drew Brees.

Comment

Originally posted by tzofosho View Post
        LOL, thanks Key, I am genuinely just soliciting information. I just never see these types of trades. I would guess its because of the continued declining popularity of non-auto/relic cards, combined with the ease of purchasing of lower end cards on ebay or COMC.

I would just love to find some similar minded collectors who might want to unload some 80s-90s Saints rookies for some random rookies of their preference. Instead of having to go on COMC and pay .50 for them while I keep a bunch of cards I don't collect in a corner just because I collecting everything growing up. Also because a few months back I decided I wanted to have a rookie of every 1st round draft pick ever (this was a foolish endeavor that I managed to spend about $500 on over several months, but man, was it sweet...but that's for another post.)
        May I recomend that you start a trade first by getting several members with a like minded mind set, then to start a trading thread. I would be happy to be your first fellow trade member here on CCW if this is the direction you so choose to follow.
        I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

Comment

Originally posted by tzofosho View Post
          ...I tried to find a general rules guide, but didn't come across one).
          Here ya go.

http://community.cardboardconnection...ease-read.html
          - Dave

I collect Calvin, Barry, 1 auto each of rookie Lions that make the team & HOF auto & GU.

Albums

Updated 3/25/2016

Comment

Originally posted by hayn View Post
            May I recomend that you start a trade first by getting several members with a like minded mind set, then to start a trading thread. I would be happy to be your first fellow trade member here on CCW if this is the direction you so choose to follow.
            Thanks for the advice! I'm trying to get my cards that I don't actually collect in order. To start putting out some offers. Hopefully by next weekend I'll be ready.

Originally posted by ejiminee View Post
            Thanks a lot! I think I saw that thread and the 'rookie' thing made me think it was some kind of other thread.

Thankfully now I know that the curse words I want to add to every post are wholly inappropriate.

Comment

Working...
            X