Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week one of the NFL fiasco

To my fellow forum members,

What a weird week or two. There are more reports of athletes on PED/Molly and marijuana. Then comes the whole Ray Rice issue. During my 20 years with Mrs. Toshi, I have never ever laid a hand on her nor any female companions of mine. Sure, we will all get into disagreements but we can always learn from our actions and move forward in a positive way. First off, I don't care how many times a woman hits a man, he is never ever to lay a hand on a woman. The best situation is to walk away and give each other some time and space to figure things out. Second, dragging and pulling the limp body of your fiancé out of the elevator after giving her a left hook knocking her out unconscious is absolutely unacceptable! What was Ray Rice thinking?

David Wilson of the New York Giants is now in retirement due to a career ending injury. Oh boy, what am I going to do with my David Wilson autos? Let's not forget that Michael Sam, the first openly gay athlete got cut from the Rams only to end up in a practice squad for none other than Americas Team the Dallas Cowboys. Lastly, all you hear about is Johnny "Football" Manziel this or Johnny "Football" Manziel that! It seems as if the starter Brian Hoyer QB for the Browns and Johnny "Football" Manziel will be mirroring the Kyle Orton/Tim Tebow scenario. Only time will tell

Week one games had some really great upsets. The most interesting game is the Saints/Falcon game, it was won in overtime in favor of the Falcons. It's almost a given that when this match up occurs, it's the Saints that come out victorious, this was not the case. As for the Seahawks/Packers game? I'm convinced that there are no other NFL teams that can compete with the Seahawks. On MNF I had a strong conviction that the Colts would win leaving the Broncos with a 0-1 week one games. This was not the case, although the Colts looked really good and executed well in the second half, it was the Broncos that prevailed. I made a bet with Brett, he chose the broncos and I chose the Colts. Whom ever looses must buy a hanger pack to the winner. Brett has yet to pick up his hanger pack lol!
    Last edited by hayn; 09-09-2014, 11:20 PM.
    I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi
Working...
X