Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Approves Rams Moving Back To Los Angeles, Chargers May Join Them

St. Louis Rams relocate to Los Angeles

The St. Louis Rams are headed to Inglewood, California, the result of a vote made by the NFL's owners on Tuesday, sources told ESPN.

The San Diego Chargers may also join the Rams, but have until Jan. 16, 2017 to agree to lease terms with the Rams, according to sources. If the Chargers decline, the Oakland Raiders, another former L.A. tenant, can link up with the Rams, sources said.

A Chargers-Raiders partnership that would have put those two teams in a stadium in Carson, California, was the other proposal under consideration.

The vote was passed by a 30-2 margin, but only needed the approval of 24 of the league's 32 owners.

Earlier in the day, the NFL's six-owner committee on Los Angeles opportunities earlier recommended the Chargers-Raiders project, which would build a $1.7 billion stadium in Carson, sources told ESPN, confirming multiple reports. However, the push did not lead to the proposal surpassing the Rams' relocation bid.

Rams owner Stan Kroenke had proposed to build a $1.86 billion stadium in Inglewood. Earlier Tuesday, a Rams-only proposal was denied by the owners, according to the Los Angeles Daily News, which led to the joint venture of the Rams and Chargers.

The Rams presented their project on Inglewood first, followed by the Chargers and Raiders -- which included Disney CEO Bob Iger, who is a consultant to the group. The NFL made the final presentation.

Disney is the parent company of ESPN.

Though all 32 teams are represented, Tennessee Titans controlling owner Amy Adams Strunk was the only owner not at the NFL owners meetings in Houston.

The Titans said Adams did not attend the meetings because the organization remains focused on hiring a general manager and head coach. Team president and CEO Steve Underwood is representing the team at the meetings.

Coincidentally, the Titans are last NFL team to relocate, moving from Houston to Tennessee prior to the 1997 season.

pretty crappy rams, i'm sure blues would too; one thing about st louis i can say is they love their deadbirds , i mean redbirds!

Comment

Why? Football doesn't last in LA.
      http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Usc and ucla!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X