Eagles Trade Kiko Alonso & Byron Maxwell To Dolphins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles Trade Kiko Alonso & Byron Maxwell To Dolphins

Miami Dolphins finalized trade with Philadelphia Eagles for Kiko Alonso, Byron Maxwell

The Miami Dolphins made the first big trade of 2016, acquiring defensive starters Kiko Alonso and Byron Maxwell from the Philadelphia Eagles, a league source tells ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The Eagles will get draft compensation, and the trade will go through later this week after the NFL's new league year begins.

Both linebacker Alonso and cornerback Maxwell were additions made by former Eagles head coach Chip Kelly, who was fired late in the 2015-16 season. Philadelphia hired Doug Pederson to replace Kelly, and Pederson moved on from the two players.

Maxwell was the Eagles' big free-agent signing last season but struggled in his role as No. 1 cornerback. He agreed to a six-year, $63 million contract, but was inconsistent in coverage and recorded just two interceptions and 64 tackles.

Alonso battled through injuries and had a career-low 43 tackles and one interception in 11 games last season. He is a former second-round pick of the Buffalo Bills.

The Dolphins were ranked 25th in total defense last season and struggled against both the run and pass.

"To every page turn, turn, turn" I guess they are trying to distance themselves for Chip Kelly. I think Maxwell was overpaid and wasn't a good fit, but I think the Eagles will regret not having Alonso. I wish he went back to Buffalo!
    Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
    Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
    Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

Working...
    X