Thank you CCW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you CCW

Thank you for selecting me for a pair of your tickets to the National Show. My wife and I went to the National today and had a great time and learned a lot for future shows. This was my first time ever at a card show in years and I was very unprepared when I went in, but had a great time regardless.

awesome... glad to hear it!

Comment

Good to hear you had a great time. Im glad you were able to get some of those free Panini cards with the Panini redemption thread I posted.

Comment

Good to hear you and the wife had fun!

......and what did you pick up?
        Randy
        United States Air Force, Retired
        ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
        balance of life, an individual diagnosed
        with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

Originally posted by ranbethscards View Post
          Good to hear you and the wife had fun!

......and what did you pick up?
          Picked up a box of 2010 Press Pass and a box of Panini basketball cards - needed for the redemption's. I was able to snag about 60 base cards to just about complete some of my base sets I've been working on, a couple Joe Flacco's and Ray Rice's cards for my PC. I found most of the Raven cards extremely over priced (30-40% over e-bay prices) and dealers weren't negotiating. My wife was disappointed over the lack of Nascar stuff. I only found one dealer who had inventory of RU nascar cards.

Anyone know if dealers lower there prices a bit as the show ends to unload inventory?

Comment

You bet they do! I picked up a Walter Payton autographed jersey they wanted 2K for 600 at the end of a show..

Comment

The show ends Sunday - do you think they will have a price drops on Saturday?

Comment

glad you had a good time so far- did you happen to get either the artists proof /199 or the glossy parallel of Kosta Koufos in your Panini basketball box?

as far as price drops on Saturday- some may, especially if they are looking to leave before the show ends Sunday- but dont expect anything new to be discounted much- Id say singles and older wax have a better chance of being discounted. Also, it never hurts to make offers on stuff- unless its a big store, they are often willing to cut a few bucks off to make a sale.

Ed

Comment

agree with Ed.. every big show I have been too... they are in a hurry to leave on Sunday... so maybe late Sat. would be a good time..

Comment

There should be some area that the tables area selling stuff cheap at. The guys with the HIGH end stuff won't budge until Sunday. They hope to find the right buyers until crunch time and they need to make back the $1,000 or so that they spent buying a table or two. When you get to the area where the guys have the 3 for $10 boxes, they are the ones willing to do what it takes to sell or trade.

Good luck and check out everything!!

Dan

Comment

I found some great deals later in the day right before guys packed up

Kazmir Collection 1621/2986 - 54.2%

like Mohammed Ali I float like a butterfly
                      but sting like poison ivy

My tradesite

Comment

Glad you had a great time with you and your wife at the show. Hope you can share any pics you took while there!

Thanks,
                        Brad
                        TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
                        A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

Working...
                        X