Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not sure if this is the right forum, but......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure if this is the right forum, but......

I'm new to these trading sites & would like the opinion of some of the Veteran traders around here on what to expect, what to trade, etc....

I collected hot & heavy from ohhhhh 1997-1999, buying everything baseball, all the brands, all the wal-mart multi pack boxes (the ones where all the packs are the mid-80's - early 90's stuff. I have NEVER pulled a big card but I do have alot of base cards from a lot of sets, Ive got a lot of it boxed up in 400ct boxes just random years, sets, players (stars, unlisted, semi & commons) & was just gonna ebay them. My question is I guess, should I try to put it all up on my "for trade" site, do all you guys really wanna trade for 80's & 90's base cards, or just ebay out the 400ct lots.

Next, & most important to me is.......Its clear & I understand nobody on here is gonna buy or sell at BV & thats fine, but when it comes to TRADING I try to go BV for BV as close I can, that just seems fair to me. Im not sure how that is going to fly on these sites & I guess that is why I am asking. I am certainly not trying to get the better of any trade, but I dont want to be on the losing end of all my trades either. 99% of my stuff is going in my PC so I am not looking to try making money on my trades either.

So I just wanted some opinions on my BV for BV frame of mind when it comes to trading, all answers, serious answers I should say, will be appreciated & used to continue my trading with you guys here, Thank you!!!!
    Thanks, KT

sigpic

http://www.freewebs.com/poolhalljnkie

Collecting Texas Rangers & Atlanta Braves

Chipper Jones, Josh Hamilton, Ken Griffey Jr., Cal Ripken Jr., Mark McGwire, & Mitch Moreland

Bowman/Bowman Draft - Base, Gold Bordered, & Blue Bordered

Bowman Chrome/Bowman Chrome Draft - Base, Refractors, & Blue Refractors

Bowman Auto's

I moved this to general chat and will reply back to your reply on my thread shortly.

Thanks,
    dennis
    Looking for Columbus Blue Jacket cards i need as well as many Hockey set needs.

Comment

Originally posted by poolhalljnkie View Post

#1. My question is I guess, should I try to put it all up on my "for trade" site, do all you guys really wanna trade for 80's & 90's base cards, or just ebay out the 400ct lots.

#2. Next, & most important to me is.......when it comes to TRADING I try to go BV for BV as close I can, that just seems fair to me. Im not sure how that is going to fly on these sites & I guess that is why I am asking. I am certainly not trying to get the better of any trade, but I dont want to be on the losing end of all my trades either. 99% of my stuff is going in my PC so I am not looking to try making money on my trades either.

So I just wanted some opinions on my BV for BV frame of mind when it comes to trading, all answers, serious answers I should say, will be appreciated & used to continue my trading with you guys here, Thank you!!!!
      Hello,

Great questions!

#1. As far as your 80's and 90's cards I'd suggest listing the stars in your boxes on trading sites first to see if there is any interest in the cards. That way you don't spend all your time typing up every card but then also get an idea of anybody's interest in your best cards. Then sell what you can't trade in the lots as you mentioned.

#2. You are dead on here. When it comes to selling/buying nobody buys at full book value. However, when trading most everybody will trade full book value for full book value.

Hope that helps!
      Brad~
      TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
      A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

There are a few here that want to trade based on "sell" ebay value. It's up to you if you want to trade with them. As Brad said, 99% of the members go BV for BV.

Dan

Comment

Dan makes a great point! A few don't believe that Beckett prices are accurate enough so they go off of current ending eBay prices for values. But those members are few and far between. Unless a card has no book value in Beckett due to scarcity. Then you use eBay to try and determine a value.
          TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
          A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

I trade by book value and would be interested in a list of numbered parallels and inserts you have from those 97-99 years!

Chris

Kazmir Collection 1621/2986 - 54.2%

like Mohammed Ali I float like a butterfly
            but sting like poison ivy

My tradesite

Comment

Originally posted by Myerburg311 View Post
              I trade by book value and would be interested in a list of numbered parallels and inserts you have from those 97-99 years!

Chris
              Like I said, I have NEVER EVER pulled anything good, it has always been quite discouraging actually, but then I will get that Chipper Jones or Texas Rangers Insert & be like...Oh well, thats cool, it was worth it.
              The best pull I have ever had was a few weeks ago in a $50 2010 Tribute pack....A Tom Seaver bat piece #'d to 75....A Freakin Hall of Fame Pitcher & only 75...whats it worth, $15 freakin bucks...for a HALL OF FAMER!!!!! I dont understand, & before you ask it is already in the middle of a trade so its not up right now unless the trade doesnt work out

But as I am getting organized & going thru my stuff, I will set aside all my #'d stuff and get you a list
              Thanks, KT

sigpic

http://www.freewebs.com/poolhalljnkie

Collecting Texas Rangers & Atlanta Braves

Chipper Jones, Josh Hamilton, Ken Griffey Jr., Cal Ripken Jr., Mark McGwire, & Mitch Moreland

Bowman/Bowman Draft - Base, Gold Bordered, & Blue Bordered

Bowman Chrome/Bowman Chrome Draft - Base, Refractors, & Blue Refractors

Bowman Auto's

Comment

Working...
              X