I'm a little miffed at my LCS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a little miffed at my LCS

I usually rave about my LCS and the pulls i have gotten there or a great deal the owner gives me...but today I had a disturbing experience. He got in the new 2010 Panini Certified materials football, unsealed but all 10 packs there so I decided on 4 packs...

1st pack had nothing in it,

2nd pack had all base/insert cards numbered to 999 or less...(typical of the 1 hot box per case),

3rd pack got a vincent jackson auto #5/5 and all other cards #/999 or less,

4th pack had base/insert #/999 or less

sop 4 out of 10 packs down only 1/4 hits, so I scrounged up the cash for 1 more pack...

5th pack had base/insert #999 or less

so figuring 3 hits in the last 5 packs, I bought all 5 on credit card

6th pack moss/revis dual gu #/100

7th pack had base/insert #/999 or less

8th pack had base/insert #/999 or less

9th pack had base/insert #/999 or less

10th pack had all base/insert (1 insert #/25)

so I only got 2 hits...8 out of the 10 packs resemble the hot box...so should I assume that someone had already bought 2 packs out of that box and he replaced with the last 2 packs from another box...

If I knew the 4 hits might not be there, I woulda stopped after the first 4 packs I bought...He said that he had not sold any yet, so do I assume he lied and just not go back there anymore...
    Not looking for anything specific, just whatever catches my eye, but I am partial to Chicago Cubs, David Wright, Jim Palmer, Miguel Cabrera, and Yao Ming

My Bucket

Sorry about that Phil. I cant stand pack searchers whether it be customers or the shop owners. But at least you pulled an Auto #5/5.

Just wanted to share one of my experiences which is sort of similar to yours. I dont have too many LCS around where I live, but I have a card show convention that takes place twice a week. There is one guy that I always sell my cards too since he gives me the best deal. I remember last year I was going to buy a box of 09-10 Upperdeck Basketball. He bought a case and was opening all the boxes at his table. I was going to buy a box from him, but he told me that he opened 3 of the hot boxes already in the case so he cant in good conscience sell me a box. I was lucky that day since I went to another table and bought a box which turned out to be the hot box.

Comment

This will take ya way way back.. I bought 1/2 a box of 98-99 SPA basketball.. and the main hit was still in the box.. I told the guy I got paid the next day... and he said he would hold it.. I went in right after work with money to buy the other 1/2, and a dude that showed up earlier bought it from him... the last 1/2 had a redemption for an MJ road autographed jersey...

Comment

id be ticked too. i caught a shop owner feeling up packs- i was about to buy a box, but i handed it back to him and thanked him for ruining the hobby, and then walked out. place closed down not too long after that, so karma does seem to work both ways

Comment

I wouldn't jump that he was searching packs.. He may have just had 2 different boxes opened and combined them.. I have seen a few stores do this..

Kazmir Collection 1621/2986 - 54.2%

like Mohammed Ali I float like a butterfly
          but sting like poison ivy

My tradesite

Comment

I'm not claiming he searched them...I think he just combined them, but obviously he lied when he said it was a fresh box
            Not looking for anything specific, just whatever catches my eye, but I am partial to Chicago Cubs, David Wright, Jim Palmer, Miguel Cabrera, and Yao Ming

My Bucket

Comment

Working...
            X