NBA Live 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Live 10

With the cancellation of NBA Elite 11, and my dedication to EA Sports basketball games, I was forced to play NBA Live 10 for another year. Live 10 has served me well, but I can't say I favor it over 2K10.

Live 10 has a lot of problems with player control. You never really feel like you are in complete control of the player. The players' response to the movement of the analog stick is a little slow, almost like lag, which can be very frustrating. Another problem with the game is insanely inconsistent officiating, particularly when you are attacking the basket. You may drive to the goal and get hammered, and you'll get the call one time, but you can do the same thing later, same animation and everything, and there will be a no-call. All that aside, Live offers excellent ball handling controls and cool moves around the basket.

The graphics in Live are excellent, aside from some unrealistic animations. In HD, the player models are very detailed, and the floor looks especially sick!

Live features Dynamic DNA once again which is sweet, unless you buy the game used and the previous owner used the code, then you're screwed. The game modes are the standard NBA Live game modes, which is kind of disappointing. They need a career mode or something to match 2K's My Player.

If you don't want to shell out $60 for 2K11, I would suggest this, only because the rosters are still updating(due to Elite's cancellation). If you don't care about rosters, then go with 2K10.

More...
    Nick Sabo
    Basketball Card Pro

Playstation Consultant

I loved the old school NBA Live games up until 2005. It started going downhill in 2005. I never played 2010. I was interested in how Elite would have been, but we will have to wait until this October to find out.

Comment

Live 10 was decent, I don't know why EA Sports decided to completely switch things up with Elite. All they had to do was add a couple more gameplay tweaks, tighten up the gameplay, add in a career mode or some other features, and I believe they'd have a good game in NBA Live 11, instead of switching up and glitching up with Elite 11.

I'm thoroughly enjoying NBA 2K11 right now, My Player and the Team modes are awesome.
      "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

I think they've really got something going with the control scheme in Elite though. When the demo came out I was addicted to the shootaround. It seems like something only hardcore players will enjoy, because it is so difficult to get used to.
        Nick Sabo
        Basketball Card Pro

Playstation Consultant

Comment

I still play '09 NBA Live on Wii
          Looking for Stephen Curry, Jonas Jerebko, Chad Jenkins, Lions Rookies, Tigers, Pistons
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X