Should Collegiate Athletes Get Paid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Collegiate Athletes Get Paid?

In light of the BCS National Championship game being played tonight, I thought the question of monetary payment for collegiate student-athletes was fitting. I would argue that the student-athlete is already receiving numerous benefits monetarily, academically and athletically through the scholarships they have the opportunity to take advantage of. Sir Charles gives his opinion in the video below. What's yours?

More...
    sigpic
    Looking for Chris Mullin, Billy Martin, Bo Jackson, Jim Kelly, Larry Johnson (Hornets/Knicks), Anfernee Hardaway, Danilo Gallinari, '97 Ultra Court Masters, '99 SkyBox Premium 3D's, '97 Slam Cam, '97 EX A Cut Above, '97-'98 EX Credentials, UD Ultimate Legends Football Auto's,'98 Metal Universe Titanium, UD Inscription Auto's, '99 EX Dunk N Go Nuts and more.

Checkout my sports memorabilia blog and Facebook Fan Page.

CARDS FOR TRADE

Absolutely they should, solely off of the fact of how much money they single-handedly bring into the schools.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
    Johnson/Mears/
    Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

I think that if student athletes got paid, it might get out of contol. The purpose of the "salary" would be to prevent future cheating, but if salaries become to high, then what is the difference between college and the NFL? you would see more players red shirting, and more players playing out their 4 years of eligibility.

And then do all players get paid or just the elite? And who decides who the "elite" are?

It's probably way to complex to ever happen, but it could and it might help the sport
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X