Snowed In!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snowed In!

Finally...the Weather Service got the weather right!

They said "blizzard conditions with up to 15 inches possible".

Well...we got it. More like 18 inches NOT counting the drifts!....with another 2 - 4 inches expected today.

It started at 5:00 pm last night and quit early this morning....so we are saying it averaged about 1.25 inches per hour. Not as bad as some of the other cities around that nation (Chicago, Boston, New York).....but finally we have snow!

....the best thing about all this.....our neighbor plowed the driveway early this morning....and just had another buddy stop over, had me move the cars, and he finished plowing the remainder of the driveway!
    Randy
    United States Air Force, Retired
    ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
    balance of life, an individual diagnosed
    with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Wasn't nearly as bad where I live, looks like maybe 8 inches (maybe) however the wind was so bad it all blew towards my house so right in front of the door its like 2-3 feet high, but the driveway is 6-8 inches

Comment

Sounds like you guys live in "cool" places. It's supposed to get to about 70 here today, but drops to a high in the low 40's tomorrow. We got our "big" snow storm right after Christmas, about a foot in most of the area. Hopefully that'll be the last "big" one this winter.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
      Baseball HOFers Autos I need
      Orioles Autos I need
      Baseball HOFers GU I need
      Orioles GU I need
      Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
      However other offers will be considered

Comment

Nice Blizzard conditions into the morning finally got out to snowblow and what was waiting at the end of the driveway compliments of the city plows? A nice 5 foot drift!!! I knew I paid taxes for something.

Comment

I tried to pickup my mother and brother last night,well it was a bad idea.

I got 2-3 blocks and got stuck in 3-4 ft snow drifts,some guys pushed my car to the side and I hobbled home and it took me forever,couldn't see my nose in front of me.

Now 1 car stuck 3 blocks away and the other buried in my driveway.

Got lucky and my friend picked up my mom and brother this morning and brought them both here,their lights and heat is still off.

More than 20 inches has fallen at O'Hare -- closing major roadways, public schools and airports.
          Blizzard ranks 3rd in Chicago history
          Still collecting Frank Thomas in any uni and HoFer G/U & Auto's.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

wow...last time Chicago took a beating like this....well....a couple weeks ago against Green Bay.....lol....sorry buddy...had to....
            Randy
            United States Air Force, Retired
            ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
            balance of life, an individual diagnosed
            with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

Originally posted by ranbethscards View Post
              wow...last time Chicago took a beating like this....well....a couple weeks ago against Green Bay.....lol....sorry buddy...had to....

HAHA,you stink Randy... but the Bears did lose

Just took this pic,I just opened the front door a little,lol

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

Yeah, it looks like a great day to take your newborn for a walk outside!

TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
                A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

compared to the snow we had here right after Christmas that's nothing!

Kazmir Collection 1621/2986 - 54.2%

like Mohammed Ali I float like a butterfly
                  but sting like poison ivy

My tradesite

Comment

We got about 12 inches where I'm at a couple days ago, which doesn't sound so bad except that it was in the 70's a couple days before that!
                    sigpic

Comment

Just great now we just have to get past the bitter cold after 20.2" of snow.

Comment

Wow I thought I had it bad. I guess the saying is true no matter how bad you have someone has it worse.

Comment

Working...
                        X