Are you in favor of the new Styles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you in favor of the new Styles?

Looking for member approval of the new styles we have created for your use. Just looking for whether you like them, doesn't matter, or dislike them.
    46.43%
    Doesn't Matter
    17.86%
    Dislike
    35.71%

The poll is expired.

I honestly liked the "ccw original" better than new...It's not letting me keep it on original though

I thought the "forums" page was a very good homepage
    sigpic

Comment

I like the old way, where it's just the forum. I dont want to see the homepage. It's harder for me
      Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
      Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
      Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
      Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

We are still under development of the homepage, so that it has sponsors, sticky posts in the top news sections by members, etc. It should let you keep whatever style you select...I was changing the options the past day so it may have defaulted you but now it should allow you to keep whatever style you choose.

Comment

no, I just tried a minute ago

It lets me change it but whenever I click a link it changes back to the new version
          sigpic

Comment

I like the forums view as well. It gives you a better overall view of site happenings. To me, the Homepage view has too much going on in such a small space.

Comment

Originally posted by JesRey View Post
              I like the old way, where it's just the forum. I dont want to see the homepage. It's harder for me
              If you want to bypass the homepage, simply change your favorite url link to bypass it. Right now your saved favorite will point you to the homepage, but once you click on forums, add to favorites again, and it will launch you past the homepage. Our intent is to have the homepage show the current news from all the forums in one place, and allow better sponsorship updates. Thanks for the feedback...

Comment

Originally posted by Sports Collector View Post
                I honestly liked the "ccw original" better than new...It's not letting me keep it on original though

I thought the "forums" page was a very good homepage
                Same...

Originally posted by JesRey View Post
                Yep.
                sigpic
                Collecting: Red Sox, Patriots, and Celtics In Uniform Only! And BTL Autos!
                *I USE PWE'S ON ALL SMALL TRADES THAT DO NOT INCLUDE A GU OR AUTO*

Comment

I just wanna say one thing about the new homepage....when I click on Card Collectors World Forums, it doesn't take me to the forums. It takes me to the home page. I think that's a terrible idea.....

I shouldn't have to go to ccw.com/forums/forums....that seems a little overkill, no?

Honestly, I don't even see the need for a homepage. In essence, we're a message board for sports cards. The message board should be the homepage.
                  Last edited by jsab4807; 11-07-2009, 09:21 PM.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
                  Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
                  Johnson/Mears/
                  Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
                    I just wanna say one thing about the new homepage....when I click on Card Collectors World Forums, it doesn't take me to the forums. It takes me to the home page. I think that's a terrible idea.....

I shouldn't have to go to ccw.com/forums/forums....that seems a little overkill, no?

Honestly, I don't even see the need for a homepage. In essence, we're a message board for sports cards. The message board should be the homepage.
                    when I click on Card Collectors World Forums, it doesn't take me to the forums

That is true and I'm sure JMan will fix it if it needs to be fixed but I think the "Homepage" is a good idea.

Where would you put sponsors banners/links and site happenings without a hompage?

The site looks better to me with a homepage in my opinion.

Great work JMan and Gassy and everyone else involved...

ps:
                    Forgot that this thread was about the skins,lol

I think its great where you can pick which one you want and having to go to the bottom and clicking on a skin is no big deal for me either.
                    Last edited by thebighurt035; 11-07-2009, 11:30 PM.
                    Still collecting Frank Thomas in any uni and HoFer G/U & Auto's.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with having a homepage, many other sites do this as well. If you dont like it, just add the main forums link to your favorites.

Comment

Originally posted by key2win View Post
                        There is nothing wrong with having a homepage, many other sites do this as well. If you dont like it, just add the main forums link to your favorites.
                        TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
                        A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post

That is not able to be changed unfortunately. vBulletin forums are controlled by php scripts mostly. You either change the default script to be the homepage or not, you can't have it both ways. You then can put up links to take you to the forums, which I have done. But when you click on the site navigation links, the main link for the website Card Collectors World Forums, will always run the home page script.

I was hoping that by adding "Forum" links and putting it in the top left of the navbar, you could easily get to the forums pages. Frank wanted to have a homepage where members could quickly see news items, sponsor links, and other items we have planned but not complete yet.

A suggestion is to Add favorites when you are on the forum page, so when you select your fav link, it will bypass the homepage and then use the forums links to return instead of clicking on the site navigation link. It is the same amount of effort, just a different place to click.

This is great feedback and the reason I wanted to put up a poll on it. Their are some great ideas in the works, and we want to keep the member community involved and make sure this site is one you agree with and like. I realized when I put this poll up I would have to take the good with the bad. All I ask is to give us a little time to get things worked out, and then we will see if the opinions change. Thanks again for the feedback.

Comment

Does everyone know that this poll was for the new skin styles NOT the homepage? John wanted to know what everyone thought of the skins: CCW New, CCW Original, Cars, Coolex, and Dragon.

Comment

I love the new skins and new homepage. I've already grown accustomed to the site improvements! Keep it up J-Man!!!
                              TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
                              A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

Working...
                              X