This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sports Collector View Post
    I always thought that you gave the official time to blow the whistle so it's dead whenever it hits out of bounds.
    Greg Anthony brought a great point up and obviously that offical didnt want to answer the question..

What if he blew the whistle to early? does that mean they get more time allowed? By the 'rule' that makes no sense, theybe definition should be given more time if that were to happen

Comment

• Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
      Greg Anthony brought a great point up and obviously that offical didnt want to answer the question..

What if he blew the whistle to early? does that mean they get more time allowed? By the 'rule' that makes no sense, theybe definition should be given more time if that were to happen
      Exactly. This has been reviewed time and time again and not once have I seen where they went to audio to see when the whistle was blown. what if the ref makes a mistake and doesn't even blow the whistle? Is the game over?
      sigpic

Comment

• Down by 5 with 15:45 to go.. They gotta keep on staying close to have a chance.

I'm impressed they hung around this long.

Comment

So UNC/Washington game...the officals say 'the clock only stops when the whistle blows, not when the ball goes out of bounce' does that makes sense to anybody? Sounds foolish to me

Does sound foolish, but their whistle is what tells the score keepers table to stop the clock..

Though they should have went back and reviewed it and put time back on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sports Collector View Post
            Exactly. This has been reviewed time and time again and not once have I seen where they went to audio to see when the whistle was blown. what if the ref makes a mistake and doesn't even blow the whistle? Is the game over?
            by 'rule' i believe it would be, and that makes no sense..the clock should stop when the ball has gone out of play, its that simple.

Originally posted by Ground Support View Post
            Down by 5 with 15:45 to go.. They gotta keep on staying close to have a chance.

I'm impressed they hung around this long.
            I'm suprised they've hung around as well..Duke looks to be going into beast mode right now though

Comment

• Originally posted by Ground Support View Post
              Does sound foolish, but their whistle is what tells the score keepers table to stop the clock..

Though they should have went back and reviewed it and put time back on.
              I understand that, but when your making a review, it should never be when the whistle blew, it should be when the ball went out of play, and they can only review this in the final minute I believe.

I've never once heard the clock in the final minute is determined on when the whistle blows rather than when the ball is out of play.

And oh yea, #2 for Duke went all Kemba right there!

Comment

• And...9 point game. Now or never time for Michigan

12 point game...
                sigpic

Comment

• Oh well. I knew michigan wouldn't win. Now if they can keep under 10 ill win my bet.

Comment

• Clawed right back.

Comment

• Down 10 with 6 to go...gut check time
                      sigpic

Comment

• An Irving/Smith backcourt is absolutely disgusting in college basketball. If OSU makes the Final Four, I really hope someone takes out Duke before then.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
                        Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
                        Johnson/Mears/
                        Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

• Exactly where they need to be.

Comment

• uh oh DOWN 6 2:30 left !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
                              An Irving/Smith backcourt is absolutely disgusting in college basketball. If OSU makes the Final Four, I really hope someone takes out Duke before then.
                              Assuming the Cavs get the #1 pick, your team has to get Irving..

Comment

Assuming the Cavs get the #1 pick, your team has to get Irving..
                                Yea, I'd hope so. Then I hope (doubtful) Barnes falls to #8 with our Clippers pick.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
                                Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
                                Johnson/Mears/
                                Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Working...
                                X