Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you watch Cardboard Treasures on MLB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you watch Cardboard Treasures on MLB?

Cardboard Treasures was on the MLB channel tonight.

Did you watch it?

What did you think of it?

It was produced by Topps.

I thought it was basically a Topps Infomercial..lol...

They did show some great cards...collections...from the late 1800's to current cards.
    Randy
    United States Air Force, Retired
    ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
    balance of life, an individual diagnosed
    with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

I loved it. Thought it was a great piece. When it comes to baseball cards and history topps is in the forefront.
    It made me want to go out and get some graded rookies of my child hood memories.
    I went to an auction where Dimitri young was letting his signed baseballs go. That guy has some amazing pieces. Imagine running into him on ebay ... Yikes

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Originally posted by wheeler281 View Post
      I went to an auction where Dimitri young was letting his signed baseballs go. That guy has some amazing pieces. Imagine running into him on ebay ... Yikes
      I would have never thought that a player or ex-player would have a baseball card collection like Young did.....wow...amazing....some sweet cards and it's obvious he doesn't mind paying that extra dollar to get them.
      Randy
      ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

Comment

Originally posted by ranbethscards View Post
        I would have never thought that a player or ex-player would have a baseball card collection like Young did.....wow...amazing....some sweet cards and it's obvious he doesn't mind paying that extra dollar to get them.
        I loved his custom case with the "DY" and everything.

Looks like psa and sgc kill beckett in grading vintage baseball and checking the prices on feebay a huge difference in pricing from 9 to 10. I expected it but just not as much

I might try and grabs some 9's not sure 10's would be beneficial to me but that show lit a fire for some of the 80's stars I use to have

Comment

I loved the beginning where they showed the baseball cards hooked on spokes of the bike, going round and round....lol....I remember those days.

My favorite part of the show was when we actually got to see the 1909-11 Honus Wagner that is referred to as the Gretzky/McNall Honus Wagner. Looked like it was just taken out of the pack. Talk about perfection!
          Randy
          ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

Comment

Yeah I had not ever seen it compared to others. That Wagner was just unbelievable

Comment

Just watched the rerun of the program......

OMG!!!!!!! Did you see the way the "grader" was mishandling the cards?

I would think they would have had white gloves on.....the way he was holding the cards oil from his fingers are getting all over the card....shame shame shame!
              Randy
              ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

Comment

I watched it.

Loved seeing the old time vintage stuff. And to see how they make GU stuff as well.

And the story about dumping the 52 topps in the bay was unreal. Imagine if you had all of those cards? You would be a billionaire! Or a 100,000aire!

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
                Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
                Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
                MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
                NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
                NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
                NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
                I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

Working...
                X