• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Upper Deck Policy

Check out the email I just received from Dave and Adams-

March 30th, 2011

Dear Bret,
    We are pleased to announce that we have been selected by Upper Deck to be one of only a few Authorized Internet Retailers in the United States. Unfortunately, this agreement dramatically changes who we can sell to:

* We can no longer sell to Canada until the product has been out for a full year
    * We can no longer sell to stores or re-sellers until the product has been out 90 days

Upper Deck has also made some changes that make it vital for customers to purchase their product from Authorized Retailers. In the unlikely event there is a product issue with your box or case (damages,collations,missing cards, etc...) Upper Deck Customer Care will be able to assist you. If you purchase new Upper Deck product from a non-authorized re-seller Upper Deck will likely not be able to assist. Additionally, if you need help with redemptions and purchased from an Authorized Retailer you will get enhanced customer support.

For collectors and box breakers there has never been a better time to buy new Upper Deck products from us!

Important: In the event that you purchase a box from us and attempt to re-sell it within 90 days of the product's release date, it is highly likely this will be found out by the Upper Deck Hobby Enforcement Team. If the box is tracked back to you as the seller, Upper Deck will be providing Authorized Retailers with a Do Not Sell list, meaning you will not be able to acquire Upper Deck product in the future.

If you are interested in purchasing new Upper Deck product from us your intent must be to open the product, not to re-sell the boxes.
    I'm easy to trade with.Don't be afraid to make offers.
    I collect Non-Sport cards,Comics,Toys.Cincinnati Reds and anything related to TV Westerns.

http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z263/toylad/

sigpic

I hope this backfires on them, and Upper Deck goes under. They are a bunch of retards. If they want us to buy from our local card shops, and not cheap from internet sellers then make them sell them at a fair price, instead of price gouging their loyal customers like they've been doing to me for 20+ years. With the way they've treated their customers over the past several years (UD), they better be careful with what they are doing. Why would I want to buy at a higher price? They can keep their product. I could care less.

Comment

Upper Deck Hobby Enforcement Team
      I'm sorry..that's freakin' hilarious....
      Randy
      United States Air Force, Retired
      ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
      balance of life, an individual diagnosed
      with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

I wonder if UD realizes people will not pay ridiculous prices just because the hobby shops would be the only place to get them from, most people will just wait to find singles on ebay rather than pay double the online cost.

Comment

Originally posted by ranbethscards View Post
          I'm sorry..that's freakin' hilarious....

I thought the same thing Randy lol!
          I'm easy to trade with.Don't be afraid to make offers.
          I collect Non-Sport cards,Comics,Toys.Cincinnati Reds and anything related to TV Westerns.

http://s195.photobucket.com/albums/z263/toylad/

sigpic

Comment

Retards... where will I buy my wax from now?

I know collectors in Germany, Austria, Finland, England etc etc
            Where will they buy wax from?

Upper dumbasses

Comment

Yeah a few tables at the card show I go to never get any new UD boxes. They told me they have to wait 90 days after the release date to get it. I thought they didnt know what they were talking about. LOL!

Comment

Here's my theory guys and gals... I think the only place you should be able to buy wax is at your local card shop, and all the card companies should set the retail prices and not let the shops set their own prices by screwing us buyers because they want to make more money, figuring if we want it that bad enough we'll pay it. My local card shop is very reasonable, but he's direct. Two or three weeks ago maybe longer when Contenders came out, he was paying $120 a box and selling it for $135 he sells a ton, and instead of dying with a case, he prices it to sell. Also, he trades at 100% of book if he sees something he likes, there needs to be more card shops like mine, but I guess only in a perfect world would that happen, well.... thanks for reading, Seth
                Photobucket link
                http://s637.photobucket.com/home/skilde/index
                Please don't tell me you want something of mine without having a list or photobucket updated and ready Thanks, Seth

Comment

Working...
                X