Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning. I won my group thanks to Uconn haha.

The cardinals are in the situation Dan, just hoping to get passed the Padres
    sigpic

Comment

Congrats on winning the group..still rooting for Butler to win, but I hope Kemba puts on a show, wouldnt mind him in Detroit at all.

Sad thing is its extremely likely Uconn & Kentucky will lose their accomplishments from this season, we've already heard the issues with Uconn, but stuff is already coming out from Kentucky about illegal recruiting practices...

jsab4807 mentioned this last night, but who expected a team from the Horizon league making it to back-to-back championship games? Thats insane.

Comment

Speaking of the Pistons (not that anyone cares)

The "experts" have them drafting with their lottery pick, a PF. Yep ANOTHER PF.

Austin Daye (1st round) & Jonas Jerebko (2nd round) in the 2009-10 draft where drafted by the Pistons, Daye is a PF that can play SF if needed, Jerebko is a SF but played mostly PF his rookie season.

So what does Detroit do? in the 2010-11 draft, they get Greg Monroe, another PF. He's actually had a great rookie season, but still, he's another PF.

And the "experts" think its wise to draft a PF for the 3rd straight season?

I mean this is the Pistons depth chart right now

PG
        Tracy McGrady

SG
        Will Bynum (true SG that plays PG) (I count him as a true SG)
        Ben Gordon
        Richard Hamilton
        Rodney Stuckey
        Terrico White

SF
        Jonas Jerebko
        Tayshaun Prince

PF
        Austin Daye
        Jason Maxiell
        Greg Monroe
        DaJuan Summers
        Charlie Villanueva
        Chris Wilcox

C
        Ben Wallace

Anyone else see a problem with this depth chart?

/rant over

Comment

The pistons need a playmaker, and on most occassions, that's not from the 4 (save Duncan/Garnett/Gasol). It's all speculation right now until we know everyones draft pick.
          sigpic

Comment

Which is why they should be tanking to have the best possible chance to draft Kyrie Irving, but they won't lose enough

Comment

Irving, walker, smith, somebody. Even if they don't, they could probably trade up if they were dead set on one guy
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
                Congrats on winning the group..still rooting for Butler to win, but I hope Kemba puts on a show, wouldnt mind him in Detroit at all.

Sad thing is its extremely likely Uconn & Kentucky will lose their accomplishments from this season, we've already heard the issues with Uconn, but stuff is already coming out from Kentucky about illegal recruiting practices...

jsab4807 mentioned this last night, but who expected a team from the Horizon league making it to back-to-back championship games? Thats insane.
                Not sure about Kentucky but UConn will be fine. I suspect neither will have any wins vacated.. That is just some hating hogwash

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
                  Morning everyone

Yankees stealing signs?
                  http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...es-handsignals
                  Dude have you not played organized baseball. Stealing signs is part of the game. It is an art. Every team tries to do it. I remember back in the day Steve Sax for the Dodgers was the best of all time

Comment

most teams now have a guy who watches film.

Edit however my old roomate use to coach at Lemoyne and they had an equipment guy just sit in the stands and that was his sole purpose

Comment

Originally posted by wheeler281 View Post
                      Dude have you not played organized baseball. Stealing signs is part of the game. It is an art. Every team tries to do it. I remember back in the day Steve Sax for the Dodgers was the best of all time
                      Originally posted by wheeler281 View Post
                      most teams now have a guy who watches film.

Edit however my old roomate use to coach at Lemoyne and they had an equipment guy just sit in the stands and that was his sole purpose
                      I have, and on the field is fine, I read the article and apparantly MLB doesn't allow to have employees sit in the stands to relay signs to the players. I thought it was interesting, which is why I posted it, i'm 99% sure you didnt read the article.

Comment

You both are right. It's practiced from high school on up(maybe even earlier). However, I doubt that's happening hear since 1). The season just started and teams likely don't have the signs nailed down themselves yet and 2) it's the major leagues. I would hope that teams would change their signs by the series. The signs are probably very complicated to guard against this very thing. If the Yankees already have the signs figured out, then that's the Tigers fault
                        sigpic

Comment

And to add, I personally don't think its really that big of a deal, if it effected the game being played I'd have a problem with it (obviously because it would've effected my team)

However I don't think it did anything, Verlander gave up 3 hits in 6 innings? Verlander's problem was that he didnt have good enough control (he had 3 or 4 walks) and apparantly it was cold enough that he had problems throwing his curve...

Like I said wheeler, I thought the article was interesting..

Comment

Originally posted by Sports Collector View Post
                            You both are right. It's practiced from high school on up(maybe even earlier). However, I doubt that's happening hear since 1). The season just started and teams likely don't have the signs nailed down themselves yet and 2) it's the major leagues. I would hope that teams would change their signs by the series. The signs are probably very complicated to guard against this very thing. If the Yankees already have the signs figured out, then that's the Tigers fault
                            Stealing signs on the field, in the dugout etc, no issues with that. I was just posting the article because MLB was basically telling the Yankees you aren't allowed to have an employee in the stands relaying anything to the players.

If the Yankees would've shelled Verlander, then you have a case, but they didnt, the runs Verlander gave up were only his fault, and no one else's..

Comment

I read it and teams do employ "scouts" ... just sayin...

No sweat brother... I just find it funny writers in this 24hr newsreel cycle we live in will write about anything.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X