• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCW Daily 4-20-2011

What is up gents.

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Leaving for school in like 10 minutes but wanted to address this:

http://community.cardboardconnection...6&postcount=69

Why are the Mariners gonna trade Hernandez with 4 years left on his deal, when they just called up Pineda, have Ackley and a bunch of other good prospects coming up soon, and Smoak who's suppose to be great as well?

I'm not a GM, but I know the Mariners have time after time said no to trading him and if they are, its gonna take the world to get to him..Phil Hughes they wouldnt want, Joba they wouldnt want, Nova they wouldnt want, you know why? Because they have major league expierence for multiple years and they're eligible for free agency earlier than prospects in the minor leagues..besides they aren't that good.

Want Josh Johnson? Good luck, would probably be tougher to get him right now than Felix. I'm being honest, would I give up the Tigers farm to get Felix or Johnson? Probably, but I know the Tigers farm isn't deep enough to get that kind of player.

----

and what do you guys want me to say about last night? it was a sloppy came on so many different levels..Brad Thomas gives up 7 runs, completely put the game out of reach, i've said so many times I hate him and think he's garbage, so i don't get why you two are bragging?

Phil Coke was off, no idea why but its not acceptable against the Mariners, but i'm fully aware these things happen..

Look at the boxscore, like I said WHY is DON KELLY hitting 3rd? the top 3 hitters went 1-12. Cabrera & Boesch went 5-7, if there were runners on they could've scored some more runs, instead it was up to the bottom of the order to drive them in, and it didnt happen enough..

Guess what though, its only one game, Minnesota lost, Cleveland lost and Chicago lost, so its fine,,but I understand for some reason I have to explain something after every lost..you all say i'm out there looking for something to hate on, but clearly you two do the same thing here...

Its 1 game, its really not a big deal, Porcello goes out there today and needs to be effective..if runners get on ahead of Boesch/Cabrera the Tigers will be fine, that simple.

Since I wont be here to respond until later, text me if ya'll need to understand further what i'm saying.

Comment

Happy 420 to all you crazy people out there...

Comment

MY MS150 BLOG from thsi weekend

http://community.cardboardconnection...ad.php?t=40178

man that was an amazingly good time !

Comment

Ubaldo roughed up- Tulo is 0-8. Giants rock the....... Rockies again!

http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/a...9/Sportscards/

Comment

I get even more upset, when I look at the standings and see my Redbirds a .5 game out. Really? Ryan Franklin? Your going to blow 4 of 5 saves this year. C'mon Man !!!

Double header today, so hopefully this time tomorrow we will be 1.5 games up.

Oh and Go Grizz !!! Let's get another win tonight fellas.
            Click the banner for my bucket !!!
            Photobucket

Comment

gladdy teams have taken less just to off load a contract. They do not need a big arm like that. They could just go after a better middle of the rotation type of guy. FTR If Nova is and hughes just aren't that good then then that does not say much for the scrubs the tigers are rolling out there as well after Verlander.

Also I am not so sure they will be as active. Will have to wait to see what pans out. If there are no big names out there then so be it. I am going on speculation that one team will be looking to offload. Even so more then happy to head to the postseason with the arms they have

As we all have seen getting all the arms does not guarantee anything.. (see phillies)
              Last edited by wheeler281; 04-20-2011, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground Support View Post
                Happy 420 to all you crazy people out there...

Comment

steelers last 6 games of next season

Sun. Nov. 27 at Chiefs 8:20 PM
                  13 Sun. Dec. 04 vs. Bengals 1:00 PM
                  14 Thu. Dec. 08 vs. Browns 8:20 PM
                  15 Mon. Dec. 19 at 49ers 8:30 PM
                  16 Sat. Dec. 24 vs. Rams 1:00 PM
                  17 Sun. Jan. 01 at Browns 1:00 PM

edit oh yeah that is coming off a bye

Comment

Originally posted by wheeler281 View Post
                    steelers last 6 games of next season

Sun. Nov. 27 at Chiefs 8:20 PM
                    13 Sun. Dec. 04 vs. Bengals 1:00 PM
                    14 Thu. Dec. 08 vs. Browns 8:20 PM
                    15 Mon. Dec. 19 at 49ers 8:30 PM
                    16 Sat. Dec. 24 vs. Rams 1:00 PM
                    17 Sun. Jan. 01 at Browns 1:00 PM

edit oh yeah that is coming off a bye

wow... ..

Comment

Originally posted by wheeler281 View Post
                      gladdy teams have taken less just to off load a contract. They do not need a big arm like that. They could just go after a better middle of the rotation type of guy. FTR If Nova is and hughes just aren't that good then then that does not say much for the scrubs the tigers are rolling out there as well after Verlander.

Also I am not so sure they will be as active. Will have to wait to see what pans out. If there are no big names out there then so be it. I am going on speculation that one team will be looking to offload. Even so more then happy to head to the postseason with the arms they have

As we all have seen getting all the arms does not guarantee anything.. (see phillies)
                      But the Mariners don't want to offload his contract..they aren't like Oakland, or Pittsburgh or San Diego, they are willing to spend some money, if their GM traded Hernandez right now, the fan base would probably want his head..no reason to trade a pitcher not even in his prime yet when you can get just as good of a package the year his contract expires...Thats my point.

And again, Scherzer > anyone on the Yankees staff except Sabathia..I don't get how you can keep calling him a scrub..

My next class is at 1:30, Tigers start at 3:30..hopefully the class doesn't go to long past the start of the game.

Believe me though wheeler, i was pissed as hell at the Tigers last night, but even so, the loss didnt hurt them in terms of the standings, it was just an embaressing performance more than anything else.

If I was the manager, when I have a healthy lineup, i'd move Rhymes to #9 in the lineup unless he starts hitting and i'd move Boesch to #2..

What a story Boesch is, should've made the allstar team last year, then the 2nd half he was garbage, this year he's a completely different hitter. He's patient at the plate, drawing much more walks, hitting to all parts of the field..Really a great story inside this offense this year.

This isn't a panic move, but I want Leyland fired, I say it alot, but its so apparant his time has come, he platoons way to many positions that don't need to be, his lineup choices are horrible, and his use of the middle relief in the bullpen is suspect..I think its time for him to go..I'm tired of seeing the crap he does, why wasn't Magglio playing last night and DH'ing? Nobody knows, the play-by-play team didnt even comment on it..Why is Don Kelly hitting 3rd?

I'm so tired of Leyland, sure he doesn't play, but its his job to put the best product out on the field and he doesn't.

Man venting makes me feel better..

Comment

Dec. 19 .... UPSET ALERT!!!!

http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/a...9/Sportscards/

Comment

Boesch hits 6th today? put him 2nd and put Raburn 6th..between him and Jackson they'll probably strikeout 4-6 times combined today

I won't be home for the game right away

Atleast Ordonez/Miggy go 3-4 so Runners will be on the base..oh and Raburn/Peralta are at 2B/SS with a ground ball pitcher pitching..Singles up the middle all day today
                          Last edited by gladdyontherise; 04-20-2011, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Wheeler, serious question, is Nova now pitching out of the bullpen, or just a one time thing?

Comment

Headed back to school, joy!

Comment

Working...
                              X