No announcement yet.

My MS150 Experience... Charity Ride From Houston to Austin (April 16-17) pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My MS150 Experience... Charity Ride From Houston to Austin (April 16-17) pics

MY "LIVE" BLOG FROM THE RIDE

So I am gonna wear my Memorial Hermann jersey for Day 1 and my Mafia Suit Jersey for Day 2 Lets get this ride started... packed and ready to go !

14,000+ riders riding from Houston to Austin... should be pretty amazing to see

DAY 1 (HOUSTON to LA GRANGE)

6:45AM.... 5 MILES in BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM flat back tire....

7:30AM.... Pray for me and 14,000 of my closest friends...14 MILES in... witnessed 1st crash

8:30AM 27 and 29 MILES in 2 very bad crashes...more prayers please

10:00AM 33 MILES in..hey Bellville..."The hills are alive with the sound of....SCREW YOU HILLS!!!!!"

10:45AM 43 MILES in...hitting rest stop...food, refills, etc, Love you Jen, Christine and Addison...miss you already

11:30AM 54 Miles in... I am on DOCKAL RD...NO Kidding.. ha ha ha ha
    (Dockal is my best friends last name)

11:55AM 60 Miles in........BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM FLAT BAcK TIRE #2..... errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

12:10PM 62 Miles in... after changing flat... HELLO Fayeteville.. uh can you say MAYBERRY? lol

12:45PM 70 Miles in BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM flat back tire #3 !!!!!! Just walked 2 miles with my bike on my shoulder, since those 3 ride marshalls that passed me didn't stop to help me out... errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

2:15PM 83 Miles... woooooooooooooooooooooooooo my god ! La Grange DADDY IS HERE !!!!!!!! Called my name on the P.A. and said it right too.... WOW, this is freaking amazing... EVERYONE should do this !

DAY 1 TOTAL STATS 83.14 Miles, Top Speed 29.1, Avg Speed 13.6 Total ride time 5:58:14... and 225oz of water

OVER NIGHT/BETWEEN RIDES POSTS....blah blah blah lol

5:06PM Just ate the best freaking fajitas EVER !

6:12PM Just ate an entire bag of beef jerkey.... oh god LOL

6:51PM Great day...never been in the mind set to be THIS proud of myself...wow... toughest thing I have ever done in my life... and I get to do it again...TOMORROW! AUSTIN HERE I COME !

I have had 9 more 20oz bottles of water, a few 12oz Coconut Juice cans and a sprite...and still have only peed ONCE all day...wow I think I was a bit dehydrated...180+oz of water since I got to camp...225oz+ on the road...wow

7:00PM Nothing like a little Phantom of the Opera to relax me and thinkabout my babies...would do anyhting to see them right now...love ya'll...and thanks for the support from my friends and family...FYI I can get donations for antoher month

9:18PM Port-o-cans...hands down one of the THE most disturbing inventions ever...EVER...and with that...GOOD NIGHT EVERYONE

DAY 2 (LA GRANGE to AUSTIN)

5:09AM YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWN Good Morning...hoping to the on the road by 8am....today starts in a true cluster F....well you get the idea.... UPDATE TO COME LATER

6:44AM Headed to the starting line (though the crowd is INSANE so I 'm not sure when we will actually start)

9:31AM 33 MILES IN 2 HOURS !!!!!!!! Break for a snack now in BASTROP...woooooooooooooo I'll see you in Austin in ABOUT 2 hours !!!!!

9:35AM DADDY'S comin' to AUSTIN early !!!!!!!!!!!!!

10:38AM 48 Miles in...15-17 Miles to Austin... should be there in about an hour.....

11:22AM 8.6 Miles til Austin... wind is picking up and the hills are INSANE...should be there in 30ish minutes... preparing myself for a flood of emotions.

12:17PM FINISHED RACE AT 12:14PM....wooooooooooo unreal, coolest feeling ever to have THOUSANDS of people cheering for you finish....A-FREAKING-MAZING !

2:29PM Just spent the last 2+ hours with my brother Daryl... who I have only met twice before in my life... Today and this experience means THAT much more sharing it with YOU little borther... THANKS

2:41PM On the bus.. headed home...Daddy is on the way babies.. and wooooooooooooooo I stink lol

3:49PM Ha ha ha we just passed a La Grange sign that said Population 4,681...just think, last night it was 19,681+ lol unreal... all that riding today just to be right back in La Grange a few hours later... lol

5:45PM HOME SWEET HOME ! Cmae home to a HUGE banner on my garage door made by my wife and kids.... wow... THIS is why I do everything that I do... for them.... sooo freaking cool

DAY 2 TOTAL STATS 65.70 Miles, Top Speed 38.2, Avg Speed 15.7 Total ride time 4:07:14... and 150oz of water, 4 cans of Goya/Coconut Juice and 2 beers

OVERALL THOUGHTS ETC

This was simply an AMAZING experience....fun ride...VERY grueling hills at times but well worth the cause. These rides are all over the country but this ride is the LARGEST both in participants and funds raised for the National MS Society. I had a great time, met some amazing people... heard some amazing stories and will no doubt do it again next year and for years to follow. Thanks to anyone that bought cards from me or made a donation... every dime went to this cause. I will be doing the same thing next year.. your generousity was truely appreciated !

14,000+ riders... $17+ MILLION raised for MS Research and support of people with MS

Until next year.... (April 21-22, 2012)..... thanks
    Attached Files

congrats dude, being stiff and sore today but tomorrow it might be worse. but that feeling of accomplishment beats it all.
    http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Wow bro that is awesome!
      Collecting Colts and attempting super collector status with Marcus Easley

Thanks to Brads55 for the awesome banner!!!

http://s1168.photobucket.com/albums/r491/coltsfanntx70/

Comment

I was a BIT sore on Monday, mainly just loated etc from all the fluids... and the lactic acid build up from working my body so entensely... but it wasn't that bad...I really underestimated the "hills" in Texas....going UP them at 6-9mph was only worth it to go DOWN them at 35-40mph LOL.... CRAZY fun.... and scary as hell at the same time LOL!!!!!!!

Comment

Sweet write up man. Congrats on raising all that dough. BTW The mafia jersey awesome

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Next year when you do it...you need to sell advertising spots on your jersey - a huge CCW banner across your chest should help get the name out there!
            ONLINE SUPPLY SOURCE <-- All your supply needs at a wholesale price

Comment

thats cool Adam Everything is Bigger in TEXAS THE HILLS included!

Comment

Originally posted by wheeler281 View Post
                Sweet write up man. Congrats on raising all that dough. BTW The mafia jersey awesome

LOL thanks man.... yea the Mafia Jersey was my own little touch lol

good times

Comment

Originally posted by BHELSER1981 View Post
                  Next year when you do it...you need to sell advertising spots on your jersey - a huge CCW banner across your chest should help get the name out there!

GREAT IDEA ! My own custom jersey I will look like a Nascar Driver... but a GREAT way to raise money ... THANKS for the idea !

Comment

Originally posted by danielalba View Post
                    thats cool Adam Everything is Bigger in TEXAS THE HILLS included!

Man I had no idea the hills in Austin were gonna be THAT bad lol... crazy

Comment

anyone that is able, SHOULD do one of these rides. They are all over the country.

It is an AMAZING experience !

Comment

THanks again for the comments etc guys.... I am ready for next year already

April 21-22, 2012

Comment

new bike I bought this week..... I put a DOWN PAYMENT on it... yes a FREAKING DoWn PAYMENT.... my wife is gonna KILL me lol

mine has better wheels/tires/rims, but man it all carbon no aluminum... lite as hell !
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by ac-n-mike; 04-23-2011, 08:08 AM.

Comment

wooooooooooooooooo cant wait !

Comment

Working...
                            X