eBay frustrates me AGAIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay frustrates me AGAIN

I have been selling on eBay for several years now basically as a way to get rid of the dups, as well as other non-card items, books, DVD's just about anything. I sold a College Football program the other week for pretty good money and happened to have an extra one so I offered it to the back up bidder. I securely shipped the item - plastic bag, cardboard on both sides, taped etc. Guy gets the item and says that the cover wasnt attached when I know darn well that the cover was attached when I sent it. Guy was kinda rude, but I offered to refund the money anyway.

Guy sends it back and to be honest, it was not sent securely. It was half butted, IMO. I sent him a note stating that I didnt appreciate how it was returned to me and that he didnt even have the decency to put do not bend on it. I refunded the money. I also sent a cancel request since I was going to be charged the final valuation fee. The guy REFUSED the request AND left me negative feedback to boot. I am beyond upset.

I have little faith that this will be resolved in any way that will be fair and Lord knows eBay is definately not "seller friendly" anymore.

Any suggestions?

nothing you can do.. ebay will only remove negative feedback for foul language.. even when we don't deserve negatives!

Kazmir Collection 1621/2986 - 54.2%

like Mohammed Ali I float like a butterfly
    but sting like poison ivy

My tradesite

Comment

My only negative went like this.

I sold the guy a 92 93 Jordan Team Leaders. He pays via ECHECK. So I was waiting for it to clear and the guy asked me if I sent yet. I told him no, it didn't clear yet..

Glad I didn't ship, because the ECHECK bounced due to insufficent funds, so I offered to cancel the trade, and he agreed. Right before he accepted the cancel trade he left me my only negative feedback, then he canceled the deal.

I did NOT catch it until after the 30 day mark, and it was too late. I talked to managers and whoever, and they said they can't help me. I wasted a good 2 hours of their time, and they wouldn't help me. I told them on cancel transactions, any feedback should be voided. That was my point. They didn't care.

Comment

I sold a Kyle Busch 2010 Five Star Signature Souvenirs #43/50 on the 'bay.

A week AFTER selling the card, and having payment as "within 48 hours" I contacted the buyer (for about the 4th time) and eBay asking that the sell be cancelled due to non-payment.

eBay did not allow this as I had NOT given the buyer enough time to respond to my email, although starting with the 3rd day I sent the buyer an email everyday.

This was the second time this buyer had purchased from me. The first time it took me over a week to receive payment.

When he finally answered my emails he had NO legitimate excuse, just another one of those "I send payment when I have time".

While I was kind enough to leave POSITIVE feedback, this idiot left me a NEUTRAL with the following statement:

"Card jammed in a wrong-sized holder and scotch taped.?? DOOH"

First, this was a Five Star card, so I placed it in the original small box that the card came in, with "blank" cards on both sides, wrapped in bubble wrap, and placed in a bubble mailer, but that's another story, for another time. Sent it with DC AND Insurance.

eBay refused to remove the NEUTRAL but this bidder will NEVER win another one of my auctions. He is on my BAN list!
        Randy
        United States Air Force, Retired
        ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
        balance of life, an individual diagnosed
        with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

I understand that you have a 48 hour policy, but thats probably what did you wrong..

When your the seller, your balls are in the buyers hand. You make him mad, and he can screw you over pretty good.

Hence what I see with your deal.. You hounded him for some money 3-4-5 days after he bought it and he screwed ya. It's B/S yes, but you gotta be patient.

I've been waiting 12 days now for 85 dollar payment from a ebay member with 1500 feedback... Come monday, I won't contact him, Ill just file the unpaid item..

Comment

I have stopped using Ebay in general to sell stuff. Too many fees and issues I have had with buyers in the past.

Comment

hmmmmm......gonna check with eBay and ask if Josh works there...lol
              Randy
              United States Air Force, Retired
              ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
              balance of life, an individual diagnosed
              with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

Originally posted by Myerburg311 View Post
                nothing you can do.. ebay will only remove negative feedback for foul language.. even when we don't deserve negatives!
                actually that is not acurate. Use to be the case... Contact ebay let them now you issued the refund adn they will remove it

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Ground Support View Post
                  I understand that you have a 48 hour policy, but thats probably what did you wrong..

When your the seller, your balls are in the buyers hand. You make him mad, and he can screw you over pretty good.

Hence what I see with your deal.. You hounded him for some money 3-4-5 days after he bought it and he screwed ya. It's B/S yes, but you gotta be patient.

I've been waiting 12 days now for 85 dollar payment from a ebay member with 1500 feedback... Come monday, I won't contact him, Ill just file the unpaid item..
                  if you have your settings set right ebay will file an npb 5 days automatically now. check your suer account and select that option. The days of waiting 12-14 days are over gents.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/unpa...assistant.html
                  Last edited by wheeler281; 04-23-2011, 01:35 PM.

Comment

ebay... NOT a sellers best friend... buyers can do TOO much to screw over a seller

Comment

i could agree with that however 13 years 3100 feedback I have had 2 issues and 3 negative feedbacks removed for garbage. Normally you have to go by the old addage customer is always right. I know its cliche and sucks but this is the world we live in now

Comment

yea I have 6136 feedbacks (4805 unique) with 1...ONE negative ever...no neutrals...

but still feel like it's a BUYERS site LOL

Comment

edit It should be geared toward the buyer though. Espeically with sellers with huge feedback like us. We can afford to take it back and relisst it. There are too many little guys gettign screwed on the site
                          Last edited by wheeler281; 04-23-2011, 02:29 PM.

Comment

yea but after 10-15 years on ebay.. WE should have some "perks" lol

Comment

The only neg I have was from when I sold a card...
                              Rec payment, shipped and got an email a few days later from the buyer.

The email said something like this...

My 11y.o son bought the card.
                              He can't read and thought he was getting a different card.

I was like WTF? Bit my lip and offered a refund or a replacement.

Kid's father was like... oh no need... all good.

Still didn't stop the a-hole from leaving me a neg.

WOW!

Contacted Ebay... showed them the email.
                              Specifically highlighted the 11y.o thing thinking they would help me out since at the time you had to be over 18 to buy on Ebay.
                              No go.

Comment

Working...
                              X