The Golf/NASCAR Incident of 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Golf/NASCAR Incident of 2010

Gladdyontherise and I were dicussing in another forum, the "ALMOST" No-No of Detroits Pitcher Penny last night and now the "sweep" of the series.

I mentioned we were going to the In-Laws for Easter and would probably end up having to watch Golf (either Live or taped). Now, don't get me wrong. Even if this was not a possible sweep of the series, we would still watch the Tigers.

Flashback to the summer of 2010:

My wife's father is NOT welcomed with "open arms" to our house since the "Golf/NASCAR" Incident of 2010.

Last summer the father-in-law stopped by for a surprise visit. We were enjoying the Michigan Race on TV, when her father decided to take the remote and turn to Golf. And he went so far as to tell me that there was "no way!" he was missing the tournament.

And if you watch the "70s Show" you know that Red Foreman would have said "...and there's NO way my foot is missing your ass!".

Anyways, after a few minutes of a very heated debate (my house, my TV, and he argued with me that he should be allowed to watch golf?)....he decided to take his two beers he brought with him (I don't drink, but still, I would have liked a coca-cola!) and go home.

Trust me....if you remember your History, the War of 1812 pales in comparison to the "Golf/NASCAR" Incident of 2010!

...and how are YOU spending your Easter?
    Randy
    United States Air Force, Retired
    ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
    balance of life, an individual diagnosed
    with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

I hope you have a much better time together this year.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
    Baseball HOFers Autos I need
    Orioles Autos I need
    Baseball HOFers GU I need
    Orioles GU I need
    Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
    However other offers will be considered

Comment

lol I would be too scared to confront my father in law.

Wish I had bigger cojones like yours.

Easter was yesterday for me... my wife dropped a few hints that it is time to visit her parents.
      Of course I'm resisting until I run out of excuses

Comment

lol Funny stuff Randy I get along with the Outlaws so Its all Cool on my end My father-in-law watches Races,Baseball and football with me so Its cool,And i also Outweigh My father almost bye 100 Pounds so I have never had a Problem with Him for 14 Years we are having a great easter Just turned the Bsox game on now.
        Collecting CLEVELAND BROWNS,BRUINS,nascar
        Collecting Cleveland Browns.

Comment

Working...
        X