Has Anyone Ever Lined Up For A Midnight Movie Showing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Anyone Ever Lined Up For A Midnight Movie Showing

Has Anyone Ever Lined Up For A Midnight Movie Showing?

Over the years, I have watched several first showings of a movie at midnight with friends. Two of them stand out in particular. I think everyone here would have a good laugh at these stories. If anyone has a funny story, feel free to share them.

Back in 2003 when X2: X-Men United came out, I went to see the midnight showing with 3 friends. They let us in the theatre at about 11:30. At about 11:40, 10 teenagers who were all dressed in X-Men uniform gear stood up at the front of the screen. They were dressed up in costume and makeup coloring as Professor X (along with a wheelchair), Wolverine, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Jean Grey, Siryn, Iceman, Magneto, Mystique, and Lady Deathstrike. The teen who was Professor X said he and his friends made up a 5 min skit which explains why everyone was dressed up. They said in waiting for the movie, they were going to put on a show for us. This is before they started playing commercials and television advertisements before the movie trailers, so nothing was actually on the screen at the time. So they play fought each other where basically Magneto took Professor X captive. The funniest part of the whole skit was near the end when Magneto was surrounded by the X-Men, he took Professor X to the top of the stage and rolled him and his wheelchair down the stairs when Professor X all of a sudden stood up in mid roll and stood up. He then said crap I forgot I am not suppose to walk. LOL! It may seem kind of corny, but if you were there it was hilarious.

The other funny story was last summer when Iron Man 2 came out. I went to see the movie with one of my friends and the crowd was kind of rowdy at the theatre we went too. It was near a high school, so there were a lot of teenagers there. They teens started throwing frisbees, beach balls, toilet paper, and silly string across the theatre to one another before the movie started. This particular theatre sits about 1500 people so it is pretty big with a lot of rows and 4 breaks in the middle of the seatings. Some employees came in and confiscated their stuff and told them to calm down or they would kick them out. It got even funnier because after the employees left, they took out tortillas of all things and my friend and I were watching them throw about 200 tortillas around the theatre like they were frisbees.

hahaha that's pretty funny. i remember i went to go see spiderman 3 for the midnight showing and close to the end the movie stopped working and people starting getting mad. some bolted out and i can assume they chewed out the employees. it came back on but it was very funny and awkward just sitting there waiting for the movie to start.
    Looking for JOSH FREEMAN . UFC, Buccaneers, Lakers, and Yankees autos.

Comment

Working...
    X