X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

might change my avatar to Hines wards mug shot lol

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Did I just see wheeler say RISP is a skewed stat? come on now wheeler, how in the world is it skewed?

Comment

the guy is 6th in rbis so he is obviosuly getting the job done. Guys are not getting on base so that stat can not be improved. It is a stat that can be used to show some sort of ineptness when in fact he debunks that stat just by himself

Comment

Originally posted by wheeler281 View Post
          the guy is 6th in rbis so he is obviosuly getting the job done. Guys are not getting on base so that stat can not be improved. It is a stat that can be used to show some sort of ineptness when in fact he debunks that stat just by himself
          Again, how is it a skewed stat? He hits .230 with RISP, seems rather clear and non-skewed to me.

Comment

playing stupid will not work you are smarter then that

Comment

I'm not playing stupid. If he gets a hit, his average with RISP goes up, if he doesn't, it goes down. Seems cut and dry to me.

Comment

different scenarios on how he is pitched too with runners on. how many outs, score of game, 1st base open etc. come on I can't believe I had to spell it out.. There are more as well those are to name a few.

Like I said being 6th in rbis pretty much blows any of that issue up anyways

Comment

Originally posted by wheeler281 View Post
                  different scenarios on how he is pitched too with runners on. how many outs, score of game, 1st base open etc. come on I can't believe I had to spell it out.. There are more as well those are to name a few.

Like I said being 6th in rbis pretty much blows any of that issue up anyways
                  Cop out right here.

I don't want to compare him to a superior hitter, but your theory is making it close to happening.

Comment

Gladdy - why is Magglio Ordonez batting 3rd when he is hitting .215 and has 13 RBIs? I would think they would put both Miguel Cabrera and Victor Martinez in front of him.

Its similar to how the Angels bat Vernon Wells 3rd or 4th when he sucks and is batting .225.

Comment

Shows how dumb Leyland is. No reason Miggy shouldn't be hitting 3rd.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
                      Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
                      Johnson/Mears/
                      Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Originally posted by key2win View Post
                        Gladdy - why is Magglio Ordonez batting 3rd when he is hitting .215 and has 13 RBIs? I would think they would put both Miguel Cabrera and Victor Martinez in front of him.

Its similar to how the Angels bat Vernon Wells 3rd or 4th when he sucks and is batting .225.
                        Because Leyland has no concept of how to set a batting lineup.

the middle of the order should be Boesch 2nd, Miggy 3rd, VMart 4th, Avila 5th, Peralta 6th, Ordonez 7th.

However, Leyland is dumb. Although to Magglio's creidt, he's been hitting the ball very well since he came off the DL

Comment

Im also bitter since I took Magglio in all my fantasy leagues with the last pick, give or take pick #22. The thing that pisses me off is that Lance Berkman was still available and I thought he was done for so I drafted Magglio instead.

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
                            Shows how dumb Leyland is. No reason Miggy shouldn't be hitting 3rd.
                            If Miggy is gonna hit 4th though, Avila should be hitting 3rd, because otherwise he'll never get anything to hit anymore, teams are pretty much pitching right around him now, being Raburn/Inge are the worst excuses for major league players in Baseball history.

Comment

Originally posted by key2win View Post
                              Im also bitter since I took Magglio in all my fantasy leagues with the last pick, give or take pick #22. The thing that pisses me off is that Lance Berkman was still available and I thought he was done for so I drafted Magglio instead.
                              And then you offer Alex Gordon and John Axford for Berkman

Comment

I would take Brandon Inge/Ryan Raburn if you want to take Vernon Wells. LOL!

Comment

Working...
                                X