Favorite Arcade Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Arcade Games

I remember the good old days as a kid where I went to the local coin op arcade and used a quarter to play my favorite arcade games. These days, coin op arcades dont really exist anymore. Everything is credit or point related (Dave & Busters) and it seems that every game cost anywhere from $1 to $2.50 to play a game.

Not all of our favorite arcade games made a home console release. Some of them were released on home consoles, but not with the same graphics or quality. I know most of these games can be downloaded now or played with an emulator. A few of these games listed below never got a home console release of any kind.

What are some of your favorite arcade games that you use to play?

My Favorite Arcade Games

Aliens Vs Predator - Made by Capcom and similar to the gameplay from Final Fight. You got to choose between 2 Predators and 2 Human Soldiers. I could beat the game with $2.50 in quarters by myself in about 1 hour.

Mortal Kombat 3 - Out of all the Mortal Kombats, I found myself playing this one more in the arcades than the previous 2. My favorite characters to use were Sub Zero and Kabal.

The Punisher - This game was released on the Sega Genesis, but it took out too many levels and features of the original arcade game. You could play as The Punisher or Nick Fury.

The Simpsons - Classic videogame that I am surprised never got a home console release. I actually played this game at an arcade in Vegas last year and beat it with about $3.00 in quarters. Bart was my favorite character to choose from.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - The original arcade game was released on the original Nintendo, but not with the same graphics or quality.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles In Time - This was released for the Super Nintendo with a few new levels. I loved the innovative attack feature to throw the foot soldiers towards the screen. The Super Nintendo version used this feature to create a great Technodrome level.

X-Men - A classic game that I remember playing on the 6 player arcade cabinet. You could play as Cyclops, Colossus, Dazzler, Nightcrawler, Storm, and Wolverine. This game was based off the Pride of the X-Men one shot cartoon.

Captain America and the Avengers

Rampage

Street Fighter vs Tekken
    TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
    A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

Galaga.
      It's my dad's favorite as well (he played it all the time while stationed in Haiti), so when I downloaded it to my 360, he kicked me off for like two whole days lol.
      "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

my all time favorite game is mario bros.
        the one with mario knocking over and kicking turtles,crabs, and fireflies off the board
        after you kicked one off, a coin would come out of the pipes

Great Traders:cardjim,TomR,avsbruins65,Leafsfan1967,ty4o rce,bumpersample,NattyBoo,fatfrank,DoubleD

MY EBAY: http://shop.ebay.com/chefmc/m.html?_...&_trksid=p3686

Comment

I loved Galaga too.. and since I am older.... Defender, Crazy Climber and Pole Position were super cool

Comment

how about zookeeper? awesome game!

Great Traders:cardjim,TomR,avsbruins65,Leafsfan1967,ty4o rce,bumpersample,NattyBoo,fatfrank,DoubleD

MY EBAY: http://shop.ebay.com/chefmc/m.html?_...&_trksid=p3686

Comment

Working...
            X