Favorite Video Games & Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Video Games & Systems

I have owned 5 video game systems so far in my life, and I regret that I got rid of my Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64. What are some of your favorite videogames from each game system that you have owned?

Nintendo

Paperboy - I always got a kick out of this game while throwing newspapers through glass windows and at the old lady that chases after you.

River City Ransom - One of my favorite all time games. Many people may have never heard of this title, but it was one of the best. The storyline was set in a high school. It was a 2 player game and you had to go across town to reach the back of the high school. Along the way you would beat up other gangs and steal their money to buy food for life, books for improved fighting, shoes to run and kick faster, and other items. You could use weapons such as boxes, trash cans, baseball bats, rocks, lead pipes, brass knuckles, and more.

Super Mario Bros 3 - My favorite Mario Bros game from the original Nintendo. The inclusion of the Koopa Kids and new suits made this game better than the previous installments.

Super Nintendo

Donkey Kong Country - I loved all 3 games, but this one was my favorite. The graphics was top notch for that time and it had a catchy soundtrack.

Super Mario Kart - This game was fun playing with a friend in versus battle mode.

Super Mario World - My favorite SNES game of all time. I loved the inclusion of the different colored Yoshis.

Super Punch Out - This was the game I use to play whenever I got pissed off as a kid. I could beat the game and all 16 opponents in about 30 minutes total.

Nintendo 64

Killer Instinct Gold - This game had a good soundtrack and had some really cool combos. It wasnt as hardcore as Mortal Kombat, but the gameplay controls were better in my opinion.

Mortal Kombat Trilogy - I loved the fact that this game took mostly all characters from all Mortal Kombat games and made one game out of it.

Star Fox 64 - I played the original Star Fox game for SNES, but this version was 100x better. I loved the fact that you could shoot your own team mates when they took your kill.

Super Mario 64 - It took me a while to get use to this game and the controls, but this became my favorite N64 game.

Playstation 2

Bully - Think Grand Theft Auto 3 in a school setting and you get this all around fun game. You had a school schedule which you had to sleep at a certain time and make classes or else you would have the security guards chase you down. Getting a passing grade in classes led to smoke bombs and other skills you can use throughout the game.

Dynasty Warriors 3 - This hack and slash game was a vast improvement over Dynasty Warriors 2. I also have Dynasty Warriors 4 and 5, which are also two of my favorites.

Grand Theft Auto 3 - The game that put Rockstar Games way over the map. I spent more time browsing the city and gunning everyone down than finishing any of the missions.

Marvel Vs Capcom 2 - This is my all time favorite fighting game. This was only released for a short time since Capcom lost the Marvel game license. The 3 on 3 fighting with player swaps and combo specials made this game one of a kind. My favorite team to choose is Iron Man, Venom, and Cable.

The Warriors - Rockstar Games took a cult classic movie and made a great Final Fight type game with this. It took elements of Grand Theft Auto 3 with the original soundtrack and most voice casting from the movie.

Playstation 3

Batman: Arkham Asylum - This is one of the greatest video games ever made. It took my favorite comic book character and created a game where detective skills, combat fighting, and problem solving can be used. Best thing about this game is that the Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill do the voiceovers for Batman and The Joker.

Grand Theft Auto 4 - Much improved graphics, gameplay, and features than any of the past Grand Theft Auto titles. Cant wait for GTA 5 to come out.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 - I was never big on RPG games, but this action RPG takes Marvel characters through the Civil War and Secret War storylines. The inclusion of character fusions make this game better than the previous installment.

Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe - One of the best looking fighting games out there graphic wise. The fighting style was top notch and crisp. Both storylines for each side were well written. Because of the inclusion of DC characters, the blood had to be toned down a lot and fatalities are basically non existent.

UFC 2009 Undisputed - The first UFC game to feel like an actual UFC game. The graphics and roster in this game is impressive. Only thing I didnt like was that you couldnt any of the real fighters in story mode. You had to create a fighter from scratch.

Intellivision
    Dungeons & Dragons
    Pitfall
    Q-Bert

Nintendo
    Zelda
    Friday the 13th

Super Nintendo
    Shadow Run - Favorite Game Ever
    Jungle Strike (And All Strike Games)

Nintendo 64
    All Zelda Games
    All Star Wars Games

Game Cube
    Any Zelda Games

Sega Genesis
    NBA Jam Series

Playstation 1
    Grand Theft Auto
    Tomb Raider Series

Playstation 2
    All Grand Theft Auto Games

PC
    All Hunting/Fishing/Outdoors Games

Crazy how I've had damn near every console ever made, outside of the newest ones PS3, XBOX, WII ........ DOH!!!
    TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
    A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GB Color/GBA/DS:
      The Pokemon series-what can I say, i've spent countless hours of my life playing Pokemon, it's so dang addictive(finally forced myself to stop playing last year lol)

Nintendo 64:

Super Mario Kart 64- One of the most awesome games ever!

PS1:

NBA Live 2002-My first ever sports game, introduced me to the wonderful world of the NBA. I still remember taking the Wizards (with Jordan on the team) and going 82-0 in the regular season, and sweeping the playoffs lol.

PS2:

Grand Turismo 3: at the time, i didn't know much about tuner cars, oil, exhaust pipes, horsepower, mufflers, etc... but it was fun using a shiny car to bump my dad's car off the track lol.

Xbox 360:

The Call of Duty Series-From D-Day in Call of Duty 2 to invading the Middle East in Modern Warfare, these games were epic! Especially:

Modern Warfare 2- I just beat the Single Plaer on Veteran, and what can I say, the story STILL has my legs trembling lol. Even though it was short, the campaign was hard-hitting and had plenty of shock value. Oh, and Multiplayer and Spec Ops aren't bad either
      Last edited by B.I.G.Poppa; 01-01-2010, 04:17 PM.
      "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Everytime I switch on my console (Playstation/ Playstation 3), it says:
        "E....A...... Sportsssss, itz in Da gaMe....."

Also, like Bio Hazard series (known as Resident Evil in America?).

I collect Utah Jazz players cards and Autographed cards
        I also collects Football, Baseball and movies cards
        Please click my banner to go to my photobucket

Wanted: 09-10 Certified Fabric of the Game of Andrei Kirilenko & Mehmet Okur
        FYI, I live in Hong Kong!

Comment

I have owned most of the systems. My personal favorite is the NES. However, my 7 yr old daughter has got me playing Lego Indiana Jones on the Wii, so playing that game with her is now my favorite. I am sure it will change when we switch games..lol

Comment

Working...
          X