Is there ANY online store...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there ANY online store...

That doesn't charge a ridiculous amount of shipping to Alaska?? Jeez, i'm trying to buy more supplies to protect my PC, specifically penny sleeves. I find a store selling ten 100 ct packs for $8.50, and i'm thinking cool. I get to the part to enter my addy for shipping calculation, and shipping alone costs $9.50??????? WTF?!?! And this is for most online cards stores, boxes that seem like good deals suddenly turn overpriced real quick (the only store that's not bad with shipping is Enigma's, who charges $7 for boxes maximum to anywhere in the 50 states). Jeez, you're shipping to Alaska, not to Moscow, Iran, London, or Korea!!!

And another thing that irks me is why Hawaii and Alaska are always cut from free shipping. "continental" this and "continental" that, if you don't want to include us, then go ahead and kick us out of the Union! Lower 48 punks
    "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Originally posted by The Notorious GA0 View Post

And another thing that irks me is why Hawaii and Alaska are always cut from free shipping. "continental" this and "continental" that, if you don't want to include us, then go ahead and kick us out of the Union! Lower 48 punks
    TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
    A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

That doesn't charge a ridiculous amount of shipping to Alaska?? Jeez, i'm trying to buy more supplies to protect my PC, specifically penny sleeves. I find a store selling ten 100 ct packs for $8.50, and i'm thinking cool. I get to the part to enter my addy for shipping calculation, and shipping alone costs $9.50??????? WTF?!?! And this is for most online cards stores, boxes that seem like good deals suddenly turn overpriced real quick (the only store that's not bad with shipping is Enigma's, who charges $7 for boxes maximum to anywhere in the 50 states). Jeez, you're shipping to Alaska, not to Moscow, Iran, London, or Korea!!!

In all honesty, I feel your pain, but shipping prices have taken a rediculous increase all over the place. I'm in Toronto, Canada and I can tell you I couldn't even ship that to you for that price, and it may even be 1.5 that amount, or more through the postal system. It cost me nearly $17 to send an 8X10 photo in a top loader, and bubble mailer to Philadelphia, PA. Anything that requires tracking, and insurance is gonna cost you through the nose now-a-days. The further away you live, the more expensive it will be. It doesn't matter that you are living in one of the 50 states. You are in Alaska, which is as far away as you can be from anywhere. LOL. You are charged according to how far the package has to travel not what country you live in. Most businesses would require tracking, and insurance on their items to protect themselves. If they didn't, and you say you never received it, they are screwed. I would assume the price you were quoted was for a trackable package. Maybe try to find a store in British Columbia (Vancouver maybe?)which sells supplies/boxes etc., and see if it's any cheaper to get it from them.

Also, are there any other collectors up there in your area? If so, try to pool together, do it less often, and order stuff in larger quantities, so you can share the shipping costs. This will help absorb some of the extra costs involved in shipping the stuff all the way up there.

Brad: you live in the middle of the bloody Pacific Ocean. You're lucky they deliver there at all!
      Last edited by Leafsfan1967; 01-04-2010, 04:05 AM.

Comment

if you double check with the PO, and see if their pre paid priority mail boxes cover alaska as well, id be willing to buy you supplies and ship them to you, all id need is the money up front
        Ed

Comment

Originally posted by Leafsfan1967 View Post
          Brad: you live in the middle of the bloody Pacific Ocean. You're lucky they deliver there at all!
          LMFAO Touche Sir
          TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Comment

Leafsdan- Thanks for the suggestions, I didn't think of most of that stuff lol. Not only are we farther from anyone, we're super blocked off from even other towns (huge mountains on one side, an expansive water system on the other lol)

Ed-Thanks very much for the offer. If you're talkin those $12-$13 boxes that you try to fill with as much stuff as possible, then yup my PO covers those.

The Notorious B.5.5.-Lol, someone's still sippin on their holiday eggnog. Don't drink too much lol.

Comment

We have a card shop here as a member. I will call him today and see what he would charge. How many do you need? There are plans to have at least one more card shop and a supplies business to join also.

Dan

Comment

i dont mean to step on mr ed's toes here but since your having me get the 2 autod balls signed for ya ect if we're still doing that, im sending them in flat rate box anyways due to bb weight/heavyness so instead of you paying for 2 fr boxes, lmk and i can fill it w supplies..show is in 22-24 of jan..

lmk ty

me..
                http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n157/KevinAlan/

Comment

I don't know what I'm thinking, I sent all those Chewy Sweettarts to Brad in a $5 flat rate box. Those ship anyplace (Alaska).

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Dlong1 View Post
                    I don't know what I'm thinking, I sent all those Chewy Sweettarts to Brad in a $5 flat rate box. Those ship anyplace (Alaska).

Dan
                    TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Comment

i wouldnt be opposed to getting rid of alaska or hawaii
                      I like 08 topps and get IP autographs.

Comment

Originally posted by KevAlan View Post
                        i dont mean to step on mr ed's toes here but since your having me get the 2 autod balls signed for ya ect if we're still doing that, im sending them in flat rate box anyways due to bb weight/heavyness so instead of you paying for 2 fr boxes, lmk and i can fill it w supplies..show is in 22-24 of jan..

lmk ty

me..
                        Yeah that sounds good, thanks for the suggestion.

i wouldnt be opposed to getting rid of alaska or hawaii
                        Those be fightin words!

Comment

Yeah that sounds good, thanks for the suggestion.

Those be fightin words!
                          youre welcome to drive down here and fight
                          Last edited by tikitomoka; 01-04-2010, 08:31 PM.
                          I like 08 topps and get IP autographs.

Comment

By the way, I went into the card shop today and we took a $5 flat rate box and stuffed it with penny sleeve bags. No matter how we tried, we could only get 10 bags into it. I asked the owner about the $10 flat rate box and he took a guess he might get about 30 bags into it. He will also make you a deal on pricing depending on how many you want.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Dlong1 View Post
                              By the way, I went into the card shop today and we took a $5 flat rate box and stuffed it with penny sleeve bags. No matter how we tried, we could only get 10 bags into it. I asked the owner about the $10 flat rate box and he took a guess he might get about 30 bags into it. He will also make you a deal on pricing depending on how many you want.

Dan
                              That's pretty awesome, I can use 10 bags worth right now, so let me know if the owner would like to deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X