What Did You Get For Christmas Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Did You Get For Christmas Thread

This thread is for everyone to share what they got for Christmas. I hope everyone has a fun and safe Holiday with their family and friends.

Finally got an NES with a handful of games...have wanted one for a few years now. Completely refurbished, runs like a beauty.

Also got some Buckeyes/Indians shirts I wanted, a ton of movies/TV shows on DVD, new cologne, three new Jimmie die-cast's, some racing blasters, and the Christmas Vacation Hallmark ornament (my mom has been buying me a Hallmark ornament every year since I was born).

EDIT: Forgot one...also got 'The Logo Board Game'...which is super fun. Although it makes you feel stupid at times because you forget certain slogans/jingles/logos that you should know by heart lol
    Last edited by jsab4807; 12-25-2011, 03:03 PM.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
    Johnson/Mears/
    Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

My "best" gifts this Christmas came days before, they were ----

12/17 - a man, who looked in need, was playing a violin at a stop light. His clothing looked very worn. I came home and got a container of "lost money" we'd found in the last year. It had the money,some info. about salvation, and a note from me about the money/people being lost/found/saved. I had MERRY CHRISTMAS on the lid. My grandson went back with me. I parked in spot where I could watch my grandson as I sent him to give the container to the man. That man gave us both great gifts upon receiving, he thanked my grandson and waved to me saying thanks. When we left the parking lot, and again went by him at the light, he thanked us again & waved.

12/22 - My wife, grandson, and I went to CHRISTMAS TOWN at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, Virginia. A friend had given us some coupons to save $5 per person (up to six per coupon) on ticket costs. He gave us too many. So, once we parked our car, and started heading to the park entrance I began to ask people if they already had tickets. When they said "NO" I'd give them a coupon, saving families anywhere from $15-30 each. The thanks and smiles from those people were great gifts.

Later 12/22 while in CHRISTMAS TOWN - After several hours of being in CHRISTMAS TOWN we were going through part of Ireland to get in line for a show. As I glanced at the ground, as I do now and then, I saw a penny. I decided to stop and pick it up. However, standing only about six inches to a foot from the penny was a cute little girl. She looked no older than two at the most. Her mother was too far away. When I picked it up I asked the little girl if she dropped it, and gave it to her. Her mother said to her to thank the "nice man". The SMILE on the little girls face was beyond description. What a gift.

To me, these were the GREATEST gifts I received this CHRISTMAS - and NONE of them were bought - the giver and receiver of ALL of these were happy/pleased.

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!!!!!!

The main items Im looking to trade for are
      Baseball HOFers Autos I need
      Orioles Autos I need
      Baseball HOFers GU I need
      Orioles GU I need
      Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
      However other offers will be considered

Comment

My wife picked me up a box of 3000 cards (half baseball and half basketball). It was a lot of 1988 Donruss, 1981 Fleer, and 1985 Topps baseball and many early-mid 90's basketball cards. (I won't tell her, but the box from Oriolesfan would have been better)

Non-sports related, I got a new phone so I no longer have a flip top phone. Welcome to they year 2011 for me!
        Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
        Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
        Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

Most of the stuff I wanted, I already bought for myself on Black Friday. LOL!

But I got some of the DVD Box sets that I was missing: Family Guy Volume 9, Sons of Anarchy Season 1, Family Guy Star Wars Trilogy, Fresh Prince of Bel Air Season 6, some clothes, and cash.

No sports related items, but at least I have the NBA to watch on TV starting today.

Comment

i got a 8 pack blister box of 2011 Topps Chrome football,a box of 2011 Topps football,4 Eddie Bauer t-shirts,2012 World Almanac,John Grisham's new novel,2 boxes of card sheets, and The West Wing seasons 3-7

Comment

Well the daughters, sons-in-law, and grand kids just left(four of them, we're raising the other). We had a great family time together today. I already, earlier, listed my "best" gifts of this Christmas. However, I did get some "nice" material sport gifts too --- (1) an "IDONTKNOW" baseball jersey (2)a baseball tie with baseballs with auto's (facsimile) of HOFer's (3)1991 sets #1 & #3 of Oriole players 1954-91 by Crown gas (4)an Oriole pin from Toyota (5)an Oriole tie (6)a drawing by my 10 year old grandson of the "funny bird" O's logo (7)a tall & short glass with Orioles on one side and my name on the other (8) a 1998 STARTING LINEUP figurine & card of Ripken, still sealed.

Overall, it has been a very nice Christmas, and I hope(not meaning more gifts) that it will continue for a long time. With the gatherings of family and/or friends, church services, meals, helping others, sharing gifts and time with others, etc it has been NICE & ENJOYABLE.
              Last edited by OriolesFan; 12-27-2011, 09:25 AM.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
              Baseball HOFers Autos I need
              Orioles Autos I need
              Baseball HOFers GU I need
              Orioles GU I need
              Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
              However other offers will be considered

Comment

The best gift I got for christmas was having most of my family home, both daughters and my twin 10 year old garnddaughters, a call from my son in Texas.

my gifts:
                An awesome Dinner prepared by my wife

10 Walmart Blaster Boxes: (3) 2010 UD (2) 2009 UD (2) 2008 SP (2) 2008 UD Icons (1) 2009 O-Pee-Chee

A Lemke Standard Vintage Baseball Card Catalog (1863-1980)

A Swivel Overhead Magnifier/Lamp (help for the old eyes to read the dates on the back of cards)

A HP Scanner/Printer (now I have to learn how to use it)

A T-Shirt: "EVRYONE IS ENTITLED TO MY OPINION"

A 1/2 Gallon of 101 Wild Turkey

the PRIVILEGE of living in the USA
                UD Baseball MASTER SET Collector!! I need 1 copy of every BB card UD made. My want list is far from complete. LMK what you have & what you want

Comment

I told my parents not to get me anything, as I already had alot of stuff (especially from Black Friday lol). Parents still ended up giving my $500. I've never had so many Benjamins at one time so... they're saved for now
                  "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Originally posted by B.I.G.Poppa View Post
                    I told my parents not to get me anything, as I already had alot of stuff (especially from Black Friday lol). Parents still ended up giving my $500. I've never had so many Benjamins at one time so... they're saved for now
                    I'm gonna have to try this strategy...

Comment

Working...
                    X