eBay situation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay situation...

So i recieved a item from ebay in a white envelope, has happened before, its a card that wont come damaged, but was overcharged shipping, charged $2.49 for a PWE and .44 stamp, i send a message to the seller asking for a partial refund on shipping, and that if they have no desire to work with me at all i'll have to take matters into my own hands (feedback thats not positive)...

They respond saying there shipping price was "very fair" and begin to tell me how they have ebay/paypal fees to pay for, in which i explain thats excessive shipping, and that i'm not the person who should be paying for there fees, thats not my obligation..

So for a week now, i'm trying to get just a partial refund and the seller isnt willing at all, even though they know they overcharged shipping, i know its not alot of money but its the principal of the fact, they'll keep doing this until people stand up to this kind of stuff

Am i in the wrong here, i'm trying to get my point across that there business pratices are against ebay rules, and for $2.50 you should expect a bubble mailer

I have seen this happen to me before. Truth is, the sellers do get charged to list the card, ending fee for the card, paypal fees, shipping fees, and the costs of the supplies. Sometimes I end up winning a $15+ card for 99 cents and pay $3 for shipping. But I almost always get my card sent in a padded envelope with 61 cents postage. I have also had auctions where I won a card for $1 with free shipping. After all the fees and sending me the card in a padded envelope, the seller basically gave me the card for free and lost money on shipping. To me, unless someone flat out rips me off and doesnt send me my card I won, I dont really have a problem with the shipping fees. When I use to sell on EBAY a few years ago, sometimes that extra shipping charge saved me from losing money on the card.

Comment

Originally posted by key2win View Post
      I have seen this happen to me before. Truth is, the sellers do get charged to list the card, ending fee for the card, paypal fees, shipping fees, and the costs of the supplies. Sometimes I end up winning a $15+ card for 99 cents and pay $3 for shipping. But I almost always get my card sent in a padded envelope with 61 cents postage. I have also had auctions where I won a card for $1 with free shipping. After all the fees and sending me the card in a padded envelope, the seller basically gave me the card for free and lost money on shipping. To me, unless someone flat out rips me off and doesnt send me my card I won, I dont really have a problem with the shipping fees. When I use to sell on EBAY a few years ago, sometimes that extra shipping charge saved me from losing money on the card.
      I realize they get charged fees, but i dont feel i should be the one paying for them, had the seller sent .61 in postage in a mailer, it wouldnt be an issue, but when charging anything over $1.50, i expect a bubble mailer (unless stated in the auction)

Comment

Kerwin makes a great point. Take the good with the bad bro. Card was received with no damage.
        TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
        A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

Plant a neg on there butt...

I can't stand people like that and then they are arrogant enough to suggest that you should cover fees...
          Last edited by Sports Collector; 01-10-2010, 06:58 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brads55 View Post
            Kerwin makes a great point. Take the good with the bad bro. Card was received with no damage.
            Just trying to make a point sellers need to be held responsibile, i charge $2.50when selling on ebay, which includes supplies etc etc and DC#, your right taking the good with the bad, i just was trying to get the point so many of u feel but dont say across, it has, but the seller doesnt care...

Comment

Leave him a negative... I did it the other day. I'm tired of paying $3 for them to put $0.44 on the envelope.

When i sell my stuff on ebay, i charge $1.50 for DC and bubble mailer
              Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
              Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
              Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
              Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

I hear what you're saying Dan, and I do agree with your point, but I don't feel that a neg is warranted in this case. You got your card, and it wasn't damaged, so move on, and don't buy from them again. Plant them with a neutral, and an explanantion that your card was sent in a PWE, and you were over-charged for shipping the item that way. That will do just as much damage to them as a negative. I have gotten used to paying $3-$4 for shipping on all my ebay purchases, but I do expect it to arrive in a bubble mailer. Then again I don't buy $.99 cards, but it has just become the norm for me to pay that amount, and I charge the same back when I sell. No cards should ever be sent in a PWE!

Comment

Originally posted by Leafsfan1967 View Post
                  I hear what you're saying Dan, and I do agree with your point, but I don't feel that a neg is warranted in this case. You got your card, and it wasn't damaged, so move on, and don't buy from them again. Plant them with a neutral, and an explanantion that your card was sent in a PWE, and you were over-charged for shipping the item that way. That will do just as much damage to them as a negative. I have gotten used to paying $3-$4 for shipping on all my ebay purchases, but I do expect it to arrive in a bubble mailer. Then again I don't buy $.99 cards, but it has just become the norm for me to pay that amount, and I charge the same back when I sell. No cards should ever be sent in a PWE!
                  i planned on a neutral, and if given a refund, wouldn't have left good or bad feedback, but the attitude of this seller is pretty typical, since they are a "silver power seller" they could care less pretty much..looking at feedback, i've seen i'm not the only one recieving PWEs, i've only shipped that way a few times before on ebay, and when i did, i made sure i listed in the description i would, and only charged $1 for shipping

Comment

Originally posted by Leafsfan1967 View Post
                    I agree. It isn't a money issue, it's a shipping issue. PWE should be stated in the auction. I wouldn't buy from anyone using it as a form of shipping.

Dan

Comment

ive paid $5 shipping on e-bay before and got cards in PWE! Negative for sure!
                      My Site
                      http://www.freewebs.com/randallcardssite/

Comment

if its just a low-end card, dan, just let it go and give him one star on shipping fees. believe it or not, a lot of buyers actually do look at the star ratings when checking feedback (myself included). leaving a neg here is just as bad, imo, as overcharging on shipping. i know you dont feel as though you should cover their fees, but most sellers get very little back out of what they sold after shipping costs, paypal fees, and ebay fees, so the shipping price is one of only ways to actually recoup a little bit of money. ive charged $3 shipping on a card that i knew full well would sell relatively low, but its the only way sellers can get even close to what they want on a card. just my opinion.
                        I like 08 topps and get IP autographs.

Comment

Working...
                        X