Post counts lost!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post counts lost!

I just lost over 80 posts on my post count. And I know whitney777 hit 1000 on Friday and now he's under 1000. What happened? Do we get the post count back?

For the meet and great section, we trash the threads after a month. Or else that forum will be filled with over 3000 threads.

Comment

OK they're trashed but we lose them in our official count? I understand they are deleted, but there isn't any way to keep them in our post count?

Comment

No they are gone. Sorry.

Comment

So, we're penalized for being friendly and welcoming new members? I know this isn't your fault but it seems a bit unfair to those of us trying to build our post count, welcome new members and try to be helpful to others.

Comment

I dont see how anyone is being penalized. For the past 2 years we have been trashing old welcome threads.

Comment

I wasn't aware people actually cared about post count.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
              Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
              Johnson/Mears/
              Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Never mind. I'm just a peon here. It's obvious my opinion doesn't matter here. I'll just let everyone else think for me, form my opinion, and do what I'm told.

Comment

Originally posted by jwgreen68 View Post
                  So, we're penalized for being friendly and welcoming new members? I know this isn't your fault but it seems a bit unfair to those of us trying to build our post count, welcome new members and try to be helpful to others.

Jerry,
                  post counts really don't mean anything but your feedback does.

You were just upgraded to Member status and that means alot more then post counts my friend.

Keep on trading like you have and getting positive fbs like you have and you will be good to go.

Everyone that has posted in the "Welcome" threads including myself have lost those posts no biggie.

Congrats on getting upgraded!

Roy
                  Still collecting Frank Thomas in any uni and HoFer G/U & Auto's.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

while I agree that "post counts" mean nothing...

erasing those posts does nothing but hurt the site to be honest

best thing to do would be move them to an inactive/hidden forum or thread

that way ALL of those posts, threads etc are archived etc and the site is busier on search engines etc... ANY hit or ping, or link back etc helps the site, and every thread that is erased is just another opportunity for that activity lost

but yes... POST COUNT itself is not a huge thing, it's the trade activity and your general activity on the site that matters most

Comment

I wanted to add that one of the criteria the staff looks for in choosing a Member of the Month is forum post activity. How is that possible if our posts are deleted? I had 350 posts and had over 80 deleted intentionally and at least 20 deleted accidentally. Nearly 30% of my posts were deleted! Another Member of the Month criteria is helping other members. Again, if posts are deleted, how does that help anyone?

Comment

Only time post counts are taken into consideration is when we look at activity in ALL forums not just one section. The meet and greet section for me has zero affect on who I vote for brother. Its to easy to pad if that was the case. Welcome. welcome, welcome. It should be viewed as a legit welcome to a new trader. I probably have lost 200 posts when those are pruned. Just keep doing what you do the meet and greet section posts being removed will have no issue on MOTM as it never has since i have been here

^^^ Sig Revolves w/Every Refresh or Post^^^

Comment

Originally posted by jwgreen68 View Post
                          I wanted to add that one of the criteria the staff looks for in choosing a Member of the Month is forum post activity. How is that possible if our posts are deleted? I had 350 posts and had over 80 deleted intentionally and at least 20 deleted accidentally. Nearly 30% of my posts were deleted! Another Member of the Month criteria is helping other members. Again, if posts are deleted, how does that help anyone?
                          When the staff vote, your posts from the past month are still there.

Comment

Good points. But I'll never have to worry about being MotM anyways.

Comment

Every member is continuously being monitored in regard to the activity that is shown on the forums as well as the trade manager. We see all the things that you are doing in a positive manner on our site! Your an asset to the Cardboard Connection just like all of our other members! Keep up the good work!!
                              U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
                              http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
                              Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
                              Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

Working...
                              X