Ebay Problem, what to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay Problem, what to do?

I was looking for my last couple Harden lettermans and I found a letter "H" (the only one on ebay at that time)

So I immediatley contact the seller asking if we could come to an agreement.

He says that he wants $15.50 and I reply saying $16 would be fine

He doesn't reply for a couple days (apparently he had been on a business trip) but he said if it didn't go over $16 by last night, he would end it for me.

Well it ended at $11

So when I got to pay, everything is normal except he slapped a $5 charge on me

I don't know but I think it wouldn't have gone for more than $13, $14

I really need the card but I'm fuming at this $5 charge when he ended at $11

Should I pay him or just ask for the charge to be removed?

all help and opinions appreciated

Thanks!-
    SC
    sigpic

I'm confused, did you do this off ebay or you bid on it and won? If it was through ebay's auction style format, he can't charge you any more than you won the card at, if you did it off ebay, he can do whatever he pleases

Comment

I know most won't see it my way, but I've paid a bundle for a handful of cards that I wanted 'that bad'. If it were me I'd eat the $5 as you did come to a 'side agreement' of sorts. So you were expecting to pay that at one point anyways. I mean whats an extra $5 for a card you want real bad? You could contact him and just ask if he'd take off the fee since the agreement was 'void' due to the auction not encountering the agreed upon $15 price to pull it. And if he says no, then just pay for it straight up and move on.

Or just wait for another one to turn up and hopefully get it for about the same price.
      TRADING FOR

Ken Griffey Jr.

Raiders and Dolphins from 2012-2020
      A's and Reds from 2012-2020

Comment

I was the winning bidder at $11 even.

I've contacted him...If I don't pay and wait for another one than I more than likely take a neg...

I was hoping it was going to be less because I have $32 left for the final two letters...would have been $14 dlvd for this one and I had some slack on the next one...that's why it's a big deal.
        sigpic

Comment

If its a bidding style, he cant tack on any "fee" and he cant leave you negative feedback (ebay rules prohibit the seller to leave a buyer negative feedback)

Comment

Yes, I won the auction at an $11 BID and then he ended it early like he said he would...
            sigpic

Comment

Well if he ended it early, and you said you'd give him $16, i don't see why you would expect to pay $11?

Comment

Because I thought he was ending the auction at $11...

If I knew he was going to tack on $5 I would have told him to keep the auction going.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sports Collector View Post
                  Because I thought he was ending the auction at $11...

If I knew he was going to tack on $5 I would have told him to keep the auction going.
                  I understand what your saying, but considering you said "$16 is fine" if i were the seller, i'd assume your paying $16 as well, you cant pull an auction down if theres less than 24 hours left in the auction

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
                    I understand what your saying, but considering you said "$16 is fine" if i were the seller, i'd assume your paying $16 as well, you cant pull an auction down if theres less than 24 hours left in the auction
                    Gotta agree with Dan on this one. If he ended it early and you came to an agreement ahead of time, I can see why he'd be expecting the $16.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
                    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
                    Johnson/Mears/
                    Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

i think that's on both of you. you shouldnt complain after agreeing to pay 16 for the card, but on the other hand he CANT force you to pay that 16 if you won the card
                      I like 08 topps and get IP autographs.

Comment

I dont see whats wrong? ur paying $16 for the card and your agreed to that.

He ended the auction for you so no one else could bid on it to make it higher.
                        Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
                        Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
                        Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
                        Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

I wanted to come to an agreement 3 days ago, not 25 hours or so before it was scheduled to end

I hear you guys but I'm going to try to get the charge taken off if I can...If not, well I'll cross that bridge when I get there

Thanks!-
                          SC
                          sigpic

Comment

Maybe he hadn't viewed your message yet? I sometimes dont check my messages for a week, so its possible...Just my opinion of course, but if he ended it early for you, regardless if you agreed 3 days earlier, an agreement is an agreement, a binding contract (will technically)

Comment

Let's see what he says...I'm just feeling a little blind sided right now...I realize that no one agrees with me but I was just shocked when I saw the $5 charge...

I wish he would have just let the auction gone through, I'm very confident that I wouldn't have been outbid on it...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X