Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.I. Joe Retaliation Delayed Until March 2013

G.I. Joe: Retaliation Postponed, Getting 3D - IGN

I can understand not wanted to compete with Avengers, Dark Knight Returns, and even Spiderman. But delaying the movie 10 months and taking it out of the summer blockbuster movie category is a dumb move. Vince McMahon must have something to do with this. LOL! If it coincides with Wrestlemania 29, I can see the G.I. Joe actors making an appearance at the PPV. Just watch, we are going to see Snake Eyes do some crazy entrance during a match. LOL!

G.I. Joe: Retaliation won't be opening in theaters June 29 after all.

The Hollywood Reporter and Variety both say the Paramount sequel has been pushed until March 29, 2013 in order to convert the movie to 3D. Deadline claims this is to bolster the movie's foreign box office chances, where 3D is a huge draw.

“We’re going to do a conscientious 3D job because we’ve seen how it can better box office internationally,” an exec informed Deadline. “Jim Cameron did all of Titanic‘s 3D in post – and look how well that movie turned out.”

However, THR says the move and 3D conversion is in reaction to the poor box office for another Hasbro movie, Battleship, which performed far better overseas than it did domestically, but was notably not in 3D.

Deadline adds that Universal's raunchy Seth MacFarlane comedy Ted has now been shifted from July 13 to G.I. Joe 2's original June 29 slot.

I cannot believe this move either. GI Joe is not going to do so much exponetially better because of 3d, especially in conversion as opposed to using the 3d cameras to begin with.

Comment

Working...
    X