The Expendables 2 Movie Poster + Comic Con Article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Expendables 2 Movie Poster + Comic Con Article

This looks awesome. Cant wait to see this movie. It will probably be better than the first one.

Comic-Con 2012: Schwarzenegger and Stallone trade barbs at Comic-Con | Movie Talk - Yahoo! Movies

When former California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger showed up on the set of Expendables 2 after an eight-year film hiatus, his coworkers naturally gave him a tough time.

"They all treated me like, 'We know you've been out of the game for eight years, let us show you how to load a gun,'" he said during Thursday's Comic Con panel for "Expendables 2."

Schwarzenegger and co-star Sylvester Stallone engaged in similar playful banter as they discussed the sequel with fans.

When one attendee asked Stallone to name his favorite Schwarzenegger film, he teased: "Junior. And his favorite of mine was "Stop, Or My Mom Will Shoot."

"Sly has killed 288 people. I've killed 289," Schwarzenegger later deadpanned. "We've always been really competitive. Who had the most muscles? Who had the most oil on their muscles?"

Stallone noted that the pair first met at the Golden Globes in 1977 and were determined to outshine each other.

"What no one knows is that when I came to America, Sly was my language instructor," Schwarzenegger said.

The two legendary action men also made a few jokes at their own expense.

When one fan asked Stallone if the Expendables title came from a reference in "Rambo: First Blood Part 2," Stallone demurred.

"Yeah, I ripped myself off. It was either that or "The Dependables," he said.

Added Schwarzenegger, "I say it's great to be back in acting after eight years. But some of the critics say I was never in it to begin with."

Comment

the 1st one wasnt to bad this one should be worth checking out
      U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
      http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
      Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
      Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

Schwarzenegger and Stallone negotiated ‘Expendables’ at the hairdresser

Arnold Schwarzenegger recently revealed some fun backstory on how Sylvester ("Sly") Stallone initially recruited him to "The Expendables" action film series.

"One day, I was sitting at my hairdresser, and Sly came up to me, and he said, 'Oh, man, it would be so great if you could be doing just a little bit something in my "Expendables" movie,'" Schwarzenegger said during a recent panel discussion for ESPN's "30 For 30 Shorts" at a Television Critics Association event.

Schwarzenegger was "The Governator" of California at the time. He stressed to Stallone how important it was to film his part quickly, and over a weekend as to, in his words, "not take away from my work for the people because they will get very upset if someone would know that I'm shooting on Thursday and Friday in 'Expendables' and not doing the people's work."

When Stallone volunteered to call Schwarzenegger's agent to iron out the details, the former "Terminator" actor recalled his reply: "You don't have to call my agent. I make the decisions... So I'm in."

And when Stallone brought up salary negotiation, Schwarzenegger served him another zinger: "You don't have to pay me. I'm in... I'll do that for you."

And he did. Finally. You see, Schwarzenegger revealed he and Stallone had been looking to team up during the 20 years prior that led to that fateful day at the hairdresser. Whether a not-so-right script or scheduling conflicts -- something always seemed to get in the way, Schwarzenegger said.

The two longtime friends have now attached themselves to three films in which they both appear -- both "Expendables" movies as well as upcoming sci-fi thriller "The Tomb."

Why so much "Ahnold"-"Sly" big-screen action all of a sudden? Because, as Schwarzenegger joked, "We're in love with each other."

"The Expendables 2" hits theaters next Friday, August 17. In it, Schwarzenegger reprises his role as the tough-as-nails Mr. Trench and, for example, rips the door off of a smart car, shoots down the bad guys and -- you guessed it -- puffs on a fat cigar while uttering a spoof of his famed "Terminator" line, "I'm back."

Comment

Working...
        X