Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jersey Shore Cancelled

'Jersey Shore' canceled - Yahoo! TV

The party's over for the "Jersey Shore" crew: MTV has announced it's ending the fist-pumping reality hit after next season.

Debuting in 2009 (it feels like much longer ago, doesn't it?), "Shore" became a genuine cultural phenomenon with its portrait of eight young guidos and guidettes drinking and fighting their way through a summer on the Jersey shore. Cast members like Snooki and The Situation became household names, catchphrases were repeated ad nauseum ("Cabs are here!"), and MTV enjoyed the biggest ratings in network history.

But as the seasons wore on, the charm of the "Shore" crew wore off. Sudden fame and huge salary demands have transformed the cast from likable newcomers to bored millionaires. (They're scheduled to pull in as much as $150,000 per episode next season.) Ratings have dipped accordingly -- last season's premiere pulled in a million fewer viewers than the previous year -- and inevitable life changes like Snooki's surprise pregnancy and engagement led many to wonder if the gang could keep up their hard-partying ways much longer. (Turns out they couldn't.)

MTV doesn't have much of a Plan B, either: "Shore" spinoffs "The Pauly D Project" and "Snooki & JWoww" have underwhelmed so far (although "Snooki" has been renewed for Season 2), so it looks like this gravy train will be coming to a full stop pretty quickly.

Finally!!!

Comment

Comment

About time. Season 5 was HORRIBLE.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
        Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
        Johnson/Mears/
        Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

And the total IQ of our nation has just jumped up!!!!!!
          Still collecting Frank Thomas in any uni and HoFer G/U & Auto's.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

Took long enough, hopefully Glee is next.
            "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
              About time. Season 5 was HORRIBLE.
              And so was season 4...

Comment

Never saw a single episode. I think my life is better for it!
                Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
                Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
                Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ucffans View Post
                    Never saw a single episode. I think my life is better for it!
                    I guess I was too busy watching Lizard Lick Towing and Pawn Stars.
                    Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
                    Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
                    Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

Pawn Stars is educational!

Comment

Pawns Stars >>>>>>>>>>>>> Jersey Shore

Anyday.
                        "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Working...
                        X