Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Is The Best Contest/Prize You Have Won?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Is The Best Contest/Prize You Have Won?

Thought this would be a fun thread to post. What is the best contest/prize you have won. It could be from a card trading forum, retail store drawing, online contest, radio call in, work award prize, etc?

Lets have fun with this!

I got a free Snoop Dogg album from a hip-hop site once.

That's it
    "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

The BEST prize that I won that immediately comes to mind was a prize from a televised Orioles game in September 1995. My name was drawn for the Pepsi give away for that game. The name was drawn for 1 inning. If any Oriole hit a home run in that inning the contestant got two tickets to an Orioles game, a case of Pepsi, and $100. I didn't even know I'd been selected, much less won, until a friend called and congratulated me. I asked the friend for what and was told. I didn't know because I'd left the tv to go to the restroom. When I returned I saw Chris Hoiles crossing Home Plate. The announcers had announced my name as a winner prior to him crossing home. A great surprise and a great prize. The two tickets I got were for the LAST game of the season, which ended up being the LAST game "Sparky" Anderson managed(Tigers were the visiting team) and that Trammell & Whitaker played together (ending their MLB record of most games played together by a SS & 2B).

The main items Im looking to trade for are
      Baseball HOFers Autos I need
      Orioles Autos I need
      Baseball HOFers GU I need
      Orioles GU I need
      Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
      However other offers will be considered

Comment

I have two. My first would be winning a pair of 2009 Opening Day tickets for the Reds at one of their Winter Caravan stops. They were bleacher seats and it was on and off sleet and freezing rain, but that was my very first MLB game and I got to go to it with my best friend (aka my brother). My second would have to be the $50 gift certificate that I won here recently to LiveCaseBreak.com. I don't know what that could turn into.

Comment

Mtn Dew caps entered in the codes and won 2 little mtn dew fridges.

Visiting family in Mesa, AZ heard a triva contest won 2 tickets to a Phx Suns game, couldn't go so my brother in law got to use them.
          http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

When I was a wee kid...probably 10 or 11 years old, I won a door prize at a card show by having my ticket drawn....a 1963 Fleer Roger Craig autographed card, I still haved it til this day. I was so excited!!! I remember all the old guys mad-doggin me cause some little squirt won. HAHA...nanny-nanny boo-boo, stick yer head in.... is probably what I was thinking.

Also, since becoming a member of this site, winning a couple boxes of cards via the hit tracker was pretty awesome too!!!

Currently looking for:
            Football: The Gronk!
            Basketball: Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, & Michael Jordan, 90's refractors or #rd stuff, Damon Stoudamire, Penny, etc.
            Baseball: Paul Goldschmidt & Mike Trout
            + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Collecting University of Arizona current and Alum players!!!
            Go Cats!!!

Trade page:
            http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/deannal_2008/

Comment

True I forgot winning the box of Bowman Sterling football!
              http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

I won $500 from Jim Irsay (Colts owner) on twitter.

/thread

Comment

Best prize was at blowout's store in virginia the fantastic one lol they were giving away some cases of triple tjreads tribute marquee and such i bought a tribute and then won the contest to get all of that plus more kinda forget now but that one was the best prizes ive ever one....thx blowout!!!

Comment

I once won some concert tickets to see Puff Daddy and the family lol
                    U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
                    http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
                    Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
                    Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

May not qualify as "winning" but having 2011 World Series Games 6 and 7 tickets given to me for me and my son was awesome! And there were a few extra perks to go along with it.
                      We certainly felt like "winners"!

Comment

Well, winning the box of Topps Finest was sweet on this site but the best in my mind was the year 1978, I was a young punk kid listening to the local A.M. pop station KSTT (1410) in my hometown of Davenport, Iowa. They were having a call in contest to say what was the Big Mac saying in 15 seconds. I called in and in a strong, voice changing yell I said, "Two all beef patties, special sauce , lettuce , cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun!" and for my efforts I won a Check in the amount of $14.10 an coupons for 5 free Big Macs! I still have the Check receipt in a scrap book my mom made me several years ago. Does it get any better then that?

Comment

Strangest thing I ever won: 1985, I was at a local stock car race and I won a 6 pack of New Coke.

I once won a $100 Wal-mart gift card at work, but the wife spent it on groceries so I don't know if that really counts....

My favorite prize was probably when I won a white NFL cap (like the refs wear). It was for answering the question: "What 2 Cleveland Browns running backs had 1000 yards in the same season?"I wore that cap all the time and bleached it so many times the red had turned to pink!
                          Last edited by ucffans; 09-26-2012, 08:58 AM.
                          Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
                          Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
                          Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

I havent really won much since I dont really enter too many contests or drawings at all.

I guess mine would have to be these 2. On another trading forum, there was a season long basketball contest and I won a $100 Michael Jordan Jersey. Ultimately, that MJ Jersey helped get me a Larry Bird Autograph which then helped me get a Kobe Bryant Autograph in separate trades.

The other one was when I was 8 years old. There was a place called Prints Plus that sold posters and frames. I entered my name for a free frame and poster (they chose the poster design which flowers in a town scenery, but they let us choose the color and type of frame). Value was about $100. I used that to get my mom a Christmas gift.

Comment

Working...
                            X