Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Live 13 Canceled

NBA Live 13 Canceled - IGN

Never seen this happen 2 years in a row to anything. LOL!

EA has canceled NBA Live 13. In a statement posted on the game’s official site, EA Sports executive vice president Andrew Wilson wrote “After a lot of consideration, we have made the decision to not launch NBA Live 13” and offered “a bit of perspective” about why.

According to Wilson, the team “knew it was going to be a long journey” when they set out to revive NBA Live, and began development in a new studio with “some of the best new technology” in order to make it happen. “But making great games is not easy,” Wilson wrote, “and we're just not there yet on NBA Live 13. Having continued to look at the game over the past few days, it's clear that we won't be ready in October. And rather than launch midway through the season, we're going to sit out the full year and stay focused on making next year’s game great.”

You may remember NBA Live as EA’s basketball franchise that was last released as NBA Live 10. The franchise was later renamed NBA Elite, but NBA Elite 11 was later delayed indefinitely and EA ultimately canceled it. At this year’s E3, EA announced that NBA Live would be back, showing off NBA Live 13 with a new graphics engine and signature styles for each player. Unfortunately, the game seems to have been unable to progress past that point, leading to today’s announcement.

Wilson added that the decision “puts us on the right track for success well into the future,” and that he’s “disappointed” the game hasn’t been able to meet its high expectations. “But I remain motivated about where we're going. We're committed to delivering new innovation in online, and our progress in the visual presentation of the game continues to take big strides. We also know that a great game starts with great gameplay, and this remains a huge priority for us.”

“This wasn't an easy decision, but it's the right one for our fans,” Wilson concluded. “I hope you'll agree when you're able to play the game next year.”

Was about to post this lol. Last good NBA Live was in 2010 (the year before they switched and failed with NBA Elite). Before that, NBA Live 2005 was awesome.

Oh well, i'd be willing to give 2k another shot, if they fixed their horrendous online gameplay this year.
    "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

I thought best NBA Live was 2003 and 2004. Ever since that it sucked. LOL!

Comment

Working...
      X