More Questions of Logic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Questions of Logic

Why are a wise man and a wise guy opposites?

Why do overlook and oversee mean opposite things?

If horrific means to make horrible, does terrific mean to make terrible?

"I am." is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. How is it, then, that "I do," is the longest sentence?

If lawyers are disbarred and clergymen defrocked, doesn't it follow that electricians can be delighted, musicians denoted, cowboys deranged, models deposed, tree surgeons debarked and drycleaners depressed?

Why is it that if someone tells you that there are one billion stars in the universe, you'll believe it, but if you're told a wall has wet paint, you'll have to touch it to be sure?

If people from Poland are called "Poles," why aren't people from Holland called "Holes"?

Still collecting Frank Thomas in any uni and HoFer G/U & Auto's.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

Love the last one.

Comment

One simple answer to ALL of those questions - the English language is all fouled up. Here are a few more - Why do we park in driveways and drive on parkways ? Why is a race car driver not called a racist ? The English language is fouled up, look at the Rules of the language and then ALL of it's EXCEPTIONS.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
        Baseball HOFers Autos I need
        Orioles Autos I need
        Baseball HOFers GU I need
        Orioles GU I need
        Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
        However other offers will be considered

Comment

Working...
        X