FIFA 12 Videogame Is FIFA 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIFA 12 Videogame Is FIFA 13

EA blasted for selling the same FIFA game two years in a row | Games Blog - Yahoo! Games

Wow way to go EA Sports. LOL!

Think Madden doesn't change enough year to year? Then you'll get a real kick out of FIFA 13 for the Nintendo Wii.

Released on September 27th for nearly every video game system available, the latest iteration of EA's soccer sim has already sold over 4 million copies. Wii owners, however, were miffed to find out that their version of the game is nearly identical to last year's model, FIFA 12.

How close are the two games? Close enough that Nintendo Gamer broke them down and found that, wow, yeah, it's pretty much the exact same thing.

Really all that's been updated are the player rosters, as the gameplay modes, graphics, menus, and even play-by-play chatter are unchanged from FIFA 12. But that didn't stop EA from slapping a 13 on the box and charging a full $50 for the game.

Needless to say, fans are a little upset.

"Awful game!!! It's the same as Fifa 12 Wii," writes Metacritic user Gamegd. "Shame on EA. They should have never released this. It's just an update of the roster of FIFA 12 sold at full price!"

It's no better on Amazon, where gamer S. Daylor complains that FIFA 13 is "99.9% the exact same game as FIFA 12. Did EA not think people would notice?"

EA offered a comment to Wired about the matter, telling the site that they "felt it was important to continue to offer fans the opportunity to play an authentic football experience on Wii," which is a nice way of saying that they don't care much for the Wii anymore. However, they also confirmed that indeed, FIFA 13 contains no new modes or features.

Particularly galling is that the other versions of FIFA 13 are getting rave reviews. The Xbox 360 version is currently scoring a 90 at Metacritic on the strength of its improved AI, new control schemes, and cool Kinect support. You know, things you'd consider dropping an extra $50 or $60 for.

It's not uncommon for older game consoles to get lackluster versions of new sports games, but typically that's because they lack the power to handle updated graphics engines. Considering the fact that the Wii U isn't even out yet, in this case it's more a matter of EA being lazy and hoping Wii owners wouldn't realize that they paid full price for a game they quite likely already own. Shady, EA. Shady.

They added like one major feature and it's tougher to dribble.... Which is the reason I didn't buy it this year.
    Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
    Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
    Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
    Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

Who buys the major sports games for Nintendo systems anyway? Lol, nba 2k for the wii still has ps2 graphics.
      "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

My brother is a video game freak!!! He always wants to get the newest greatest thing....me on the other hand i get mlb evvery few years my newest madden is 08 lol and basketball is 2l12 i dont need the newest greatest because zo9 of the time theyre basically the same just new player whoo!!! Big whoops go blow 80$ on a game you basically already have. And this is a great exampla.

Comment

Originally posted by rynok1999 View Post
          My brother is a video game freak!!! He always wants to get the newest greatest thing....me on the other hand i get mlb evvery few years my newest madden is 08 lol and basketball is 2l12 i dont need the newest greatest because zo9 of the time theyre basically the same just new player whoo!!! Big whoops go blow 80$ on a game you basically already have. And this is a great exampla.
          While I agree with you somewhat, some games try to be drastically different from year to year. I was never going to buy another nba 2k game after the disaster that was 2k10.... Until they began bringing all the nba's greatest the last couple years and started improving on the gameplay. There's always alot of gameplay tweaks that go unnoticed to the casual player as well.

But sports games for the wii are always the same lol.
          "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Working...
          X