What's your cardboard dream?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your cardboard dream?

The cartoon above was me when I was a kid. I loved going to the card shop! I dreamed back then that someday I would have my own shop and be surrounded by cards. So many things have changed since the days of 1986 topps and such. The prospect of running a card shop nowadays doesn't seem very fiscally sound but it's still a dream that I may make a run at some day. I often think when I visit my LCS what would I do different. What would I carry that he doesn't? Is this a good location? How would I promote my shop?

Just musing this morning and wondering if anyone else has the same aspiration or did at one time? Or is your cardboard dream instead to own a specific magical card? A white whale?

More...
    Arizona Cardinals Autos
    Alabama Crimson Tide Autos
    Wrestling Autos
    Wrestling Relics

Yeah when I was 8 and starting collected cards, I thought it would be so cool if I owned a card store when I grew up.

Comment

Having owned 2 Sports card shops, I can say that it is cool to be surrounded by cards and memorabilia, but after the junk wax era, I don't think it can ever be as profitable as it was during the glory days.

My cardboard dream is to own every Albert Pujols card ever made. Up till now, I'm about 98-99% complete. Hopefully, after he retires, the amount of new Pujols cards will slow down.

Comment

Working...
      X