Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday Morning Soapbox: The MLB, NBA, NHL, and the NFL

Dear Major League Baseball,

I miss you! Hurry up and come back to me!

-Sad & SomberSanJoseFuji

Dear National Basketball Association,

I'm officially breaking up with you. Don't worry, I won't be throwing away our things. In fact, I'll still collect Kobe Bryant relics and of course silently cheer for the Golden State Warriors. Heck, I might even attend one of your games if you're giving away something cool.

But the fact is... we've been growing apart the past few years and I just haven't enjoyed your company like I did when we first met. It was fun while it lasted and I wish you (especially the Warriors) the best of luck. Hopefully... one day you'll avoid promoting "super teams" and bring a little "parity" into your life. Then maybe... our lives will again cross paths.

Until then... sayonara sucka!

-Stagnant & Sullen in San Jose

Dear National Hockey League,

I just broke up with the NBA and was hoping to spend more time with you. But it looks like you're turning your back on me, when I need you the most. What the heck am I going to do after the Super Bowl?

Please... please... please come back. If you do, I promise that you'll never stand in the NBA's shadow again.

-Desperately SeekingSharks in San Jose.

Dear National Football League,

Thank you for realizing you made a mistake. As I tell my students, it's okay to make mistakes as long as you learn from them. Your replacement officials may have cost my Packers a win, but in the end the real officials are back and that's what matters.

Our relationship truly makes me feel like I'm bipolar. There are days, I wish we had more time to spend together... I mean, five months just doesn't feel like enough time. Then again... football on Thursdays just doesn't feel right unless I'm sitting down stuffing my face with turducken surrounded by family.

But honestly... I can't complain. Outside of the MLB you're the most dependable relationship I have in sports. Thanks... and here's to the future! Go Packers & Seahawks!

-SatisfiedSan Jose Sybil

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Nice blog entry Fuji. Always love reading your blog posts.

I cant wait until you post something about your thoughts on Mike Brown. LOL!

Comment

Thanks Kerwin. You probably won't see me post on him anytime soon. It looks like the media has that area covered. Good luck to your Lakers this year. Hopefully they'll pick up their first win tonight.

Originally posted by key2win View Post
      Nice blog entry Fuji. Always love reading your blog posts.

I cant wait until you post something about your thoughts on Mike Brown. LOL!
      Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Comment

That is so true.

Originally posted by sanjosefuji View Post
        It looks like the media has that area covered.

Comment

Comment

Nice post. I broke up with the NBA a while ago. I am a Magic fan and continue to get my hopes up only to get my heart broken. Even with free games on Directv this week, I can't watch...
            Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
            Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
            Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

Thanks. There are so many other things I can do instead of watching an NBA game: take a nap, eat some gummy bears, sort some cards, write a blog post, watch an episode of The Walking Dead... the list goes on and on.

Originally posted by ucffans View Post
              Nice post. I broke up with the NBA a while ago. I am a Magic fan and continue to get my hopes up only to get my heart broken. Even with free games on Directv this week, I can't watch...

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sanjosefuji View Post
                Thanks. There are so many other things I can do instead of watching an NBA game: take a nap, eat some gummy bears, sort some cards, write a blog post, watch an episode of The Walking Dead... the list goes on and on.
                You are a teacher - Don't forget grade papers, write lesson plans, and all the other things good teachers do!!! (I teach too - 8th grade math and lang. arts)
                Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
                Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
                Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

Lol... thanks for reminding me. The countdown begins... only four more days of instruction until Christmas break! Enjoy the holidays!

Originally posted by ucffans View Post
                  You are a teacher - Don't forget grade papers, write lesson plans, and all the other things good teachers do!!! (I teach too - 8th grade math and lang. arts)

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X