Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Wahlberg To Star In Transformers 4

Fans react to Mark Wahlberg as star of Transformers 4

I see more good than bad from this. Hopefully Bay doesnt go back to the crap that was Transformers Revenge of the Fallen with the 4th movie.

It's official: Say hello to Mark Wahlberg as the new "Transformers" star. Director Michael Bay confirmed that the 41-year-old "Ted" actor will replace the 26-year-old Shia LaBeouf for the fourth movie in the franchise based on the Hasbro toys. And fans on the Web seemed to have had a role in the decision.

After first denying rumors that he was working with Wahlberg on a different film project, director Michael Bay appeared to reconsider. He wrote on his website, "Mark is awesome. We had a blast working on 'Pain and Gain' and I'm so fired up to be back working with him. An actor of his caliber is the perfect guy to re-invigorate the franchise and carry on the Transformers' legacy."
    Bay added a hat tip to fans on the Web: "Let's say that very internet chatter gave me some ideas…so I'm here to say thanks internet chatter."

Screen Rant added a thought on plot: "With an Academy Award-nominated actor front and center, as opposed to Shia Lebouf's permanently flustered Sam Witwicky, the reports of Transformers 4 telling a darker story carry a bit more water." Ted Consolacion on IMDb added, "Maybe Wahlberg is the older Witwicky."

Mark Wahlberg needs to focus on getting this Entourage movie off the ground.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
    Johnson/Mears/
    Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Working...
    X