Who do you know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you know?

I thought it might be fun to see who has connections to celebrities/athletes. Who do you know and how do you know them?

I'll start off:

Jack Voigt (mid 90's Baltimore O's and Texas) - went to high school with him
    Jon Knott (mid 2000s Padres and O's) - lives in my hometown
    Tyler Colvin (Cubs and Rockies)(Grandfather lives down the street and my son and his sister are good friends)

Charles and Dave from Lady Antebellum - I teach at the school they went to. Many of the teachers here taught them a few years ago.
    Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
    Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
    Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Cool thread idea, curious what everyone has to say.

I dont know him personally, but I played ball against Mike Bibby when his high school team schooled us in the semi-finals back in '96. .....wait, I do have a story!!....lol......I met Ted Powers back in the day, my grandmother went to school with him and was friends throughout her life. I have a signed card of his to remember that moment.

Currently looking for:
    Football: The Gronk!
    Basketball: Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, & Michael Jordan, 90's refractors or #rd stuff, Damon Stoudamire, Penny, etc.
    Baseball: Paul Goldschmidt & Mike Trout
    + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Collecting University of Arizona current and Alum players!!!
    Go Cats!!!

Trade page:
    http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/deannal_2008/

Comment

In high school football got ran over by Mike and Mossy Cade (Eloy Santa Cruz). Mike played for the Colts and Mossy played for the Cheeseheads. My sister and brother in law know Rob Zombie's sister and partied with them in Apache Junction.
      http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Originally posted by azdbacks1998 View Post
        Cool thread idea, curious what everyone has to say.

I dont know him personally, but I played ball against Mike Bibby when his high school team schooled us in the semi-finals back in '96. .....wait, I do have a story!!....lol......I met Ted Powers back in the day, my grandmother went to school with him and was friends throughout her life. I have a signed card of his to remember that moment.

He is excellent at signing through the mail, too (if you ever needed more). He seems to be a real good guy.

I guess I have 2 other ones:

I went to college with Daunte Culpepper and was on the Orientation team that took him on a tour of the campus when he was a freshman.

I work with a guy who's sister is married to Wally Joyner. Unfortuantely, they don't talk to each other.
        Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
        Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
        Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

Stephen Davis-Washington Redskins (1996–2002) Carolina Panthers (2003–2005)
          St. Louis Rams (2006)
          Went to same high school he was a few grades ahead of me .Still see him around town every now and then.
          http://photobucket.com/trades_bucket
          Collecting Panthers and Lots more

Comment

Anyone else want to share???

Comment

I dont know them personally, but connection wise I wanted to share this.

One of my friends from work is good friends with ex-Indians/Yankee pitcher Billy Traber. One of my ex-managers at the same place is cousins with Dave Hansen (Dodgers).

Comment

I helped coach Dirk Hayhurst (Tampa Bay Rays a few years back, Author) when he was 14.
                I collect a little bit of everything. But, if I never get back to you, your probably on Ignore!!

http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f111/prosefan1/

Jim Thome Have List: http://dave44671.tripod.com/

Save the Ta-Tas

Comment

Actually, I have kind of a sad one. Last year, I had written a couple of letters back and forth to Tommy Dunbar (Texas Rangers 84-87). He lived about 15 minutes from where I live. I was going to meet up with him at a middle school basketball game so he could sign some autographs for my sons. Unfortunately, he had a simple surgery, had complications and passed away. Never got to meet him.

Comment

In 1991, President George H. W. Bush came to Marshfield, MO. on July 4th for the towns annual celebration. Everyone lined up alongside the towns main drag as the Presidential motorcade rolled in. My oldest son was just 8 months old at the time. Mrs. Bush saw him, rolled down her window and motioned for us to come over. Secret service patted us down thouroughly and led us to the car, as it was stopped, and The First Lady gave my son a kiss on the cheek, shook our hands, and the President said, "That's a fine looking boy!" We were thrilled!

At the town square, the President gave a speech, then freaked the Secret Service out by taking off into the crowd to meet people! He sees us and says, "It's nice to see y'all again". Posed for a photo. Wished I still had the photo but I'm sure the ex wife shredded it along with all of my other things.

Comment

Haven't met them yet but Josh and Brent,the winners of this past season's Amazing Race and stars of The Fabulous Beekman Boys on The Cooking Channel live about 20 minutes away. Their farm is a hop skip and a jump from where I work and are very active in the community.

Also,the first base umpire who called the ball between Bill Buckner's legs in the 1986 World Series,John Kibler,graduated from my high school.
                      Only trade for PC and wants and tradepage are in the link below:

https://sites.google.com/site/brettssportscardpage/

Comment

Cool stuff - anyone have more? I enjoy reading these.

Comment

Ketia Swanier, current WNBA player. Her dad and my dad were good friends and were in the military in the same time in Germany. I don't remember much since I was like 3-4 at the time in about 1998, but apparently she gave me this cool green jacket to keep and stuff. So my dad and her dad have kept contact for the past few years, that's when we learned that she just finished up at UConn and got drafted to play in the WNBA, which is pretty cool.

My dad is in the military, like I already said, so while he's overseas in the Middle East, the military always send over athletes/celebrities for morale support. In 2007, Shawn Bradley( yes,the 7'6" one),Thurl Bailey, and Harold Minor visited. I need to find it, but there's a super funny picture of my dad with these guys. There's my dad, about 5'10 with an assault rifle, getting towered over by these basketball players lol.
                          "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

I think most here already know that Peyton Hillis' parents live across the street from me and next door to my brother-in-law. His parents are really nice and down to Earth. During the lockout last year, Peyton spent a lot of time at his parents house, it wasn't uncommon to see him pulling a fire truck up and down the road for a workout. During Spring and early Summer, my son will camp out in the front yard, hoping Peyton shows up, he wants to say "hey".

Comment

I know Bob Sanders via his family. Went to school with his little brother, and talked to his mom all the time when she used to work at the local Wal-Mart. She would always have Bob's SB ring on....it was pretty damn sweet lol

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
                              Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
                              Johnson/Mears/
                              Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Working...
                              X