Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Article About Topps Chrome

How Many Topps Chrome Packs Have Sold?

Cool read from Cardboard Connection's own Paul Lesko.

Sometimes, the most interesting information within a court (or Trademark Office) filing has little to do with the actual issues. Take for example, Topps CHROME's trademark application. As reported last summer, Topps filed for a CHROME trademark application (sans BOWMAN or TOPPS). Well, since then, the Trademark Office rejected this application (for the wrong reason), and Topps responded (with the right reason why the Trademark Office was wrong), but I'm not going to bore you with the details of those filings. Just trust that eventually Topps will get a trademark registration for Chrome.

What's interesting is in Topps' response it provided the following information:

"Between March 2007 and the end of 2011, Applicant sold over 42,000,000 packs of CHROME-branded baseball, football and basketball cards, earning gross sales revenues of more than $63,000,000."

Economic downturn? I think not.

Maybe Topps should give up on CHROME, and rename this product Bowman Gold!

Here is a copy of the Declaration in Support of Topps' Response to Trademark Office.

The information provided in Paul Lesko's "Law of Cards" column is not intended to be legal advice, but merely conveys general information related to legal issues commonly encountered in the sports industry. This information is not intended to create any legal relationship between Paul Lesko, the Simmons Browder Gianaris Angelides & Barnerd LLC or any attorney and the user. Neither the transmission nor receipt of these website materials will create an attorney-client relationship between the author and the readers.

The views expressed in the "Law of Cards" column are solely those of the author and are not affiliated with the Simmons Law Firm. You should not act or rely on any information in the “Law of Cards" column without seeking the advice of an attorney. The determination of whether you need legal services and your choice of a lawyer are very important matters that should not be based on websites or advertisements.

42,000,000 packs? $63,000,000 in gross sales? That's an average of $1.50 per pack. Show me where I can purchase any Bowman or Topps Chrome pack for that price. Those numbers don't add up.

Comment

Working...
    X