My 2012 Report Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2012 Report Card

One year ago, I created my 2012 Hobby Goals. It's time to see whether or not I completed any of them. Since I'm a teacher, I figured I'd give myself a grade for each goal and calculate a Hobby GPA for myself. Let's check out my results:

1.Create a cardboard budget and stick to it.F

I kept track of my cardboard budget for a little over a month. In other words, I failed.

2.Continue to focus on singles and sets, instead of packs and boxes.B+

Did I buy any boxes this year? Yes. But, I'd estimate that 95% of my money was spent on singles, supplies, and complete sets.

3.Complete at least one of the sets I'm currently building.A+

I ended up completing three sets in 2012: 1984 Topps baseball, 2008 Finest Topps TV Autographs, and 2008 UD Masterpieces football Captured on Canvas.

4. Shorten the length of my articles, but maintain an average of three posts a week.A-

There were a few long winded posts (including this one), but for the most part I think I met this goal.

5.Continue the tradition of running my contest this summer.A

Another summer... another contest. Mission accomplished.

6.Add five new sports card trifectas to my collection.A

I completed exactly five new trifectas in 2012: Nate Robinson, Mark Fidrych, Kirby Puckett, Chipper Jones, and Fernando Valenzuela.

7.Add a 1909-11 T206 card to my collection.F

I have several cards targeted on eBay, but I never found one at a reasonable price.

8.Stay positive and have fun, while maintaining and building more friendships with fellow bloggers and collectors.A

These past twelve months have been rough, but one of the bright spots in my life is this hobby. I truly appreciate the friendships I've made through this blog.

Okay, let's go ahead and see what my GPA is for 2012...

2.916 GPA

Oh no! My parents would not be happy campers if I brought these grades home. But I guess that's what happens when you earn two F's. Tomorrow I'll be posting my 2013 Hobby Goals. Let's just hope I'm able to bring up my Hobby GPA.

Happy New Year's Eve! Stay safe and thank you to everyone who supported my blog in 2012. Sayonara!

More...
    Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Thanks for sharing. Overall, not bad. However, just remember, no matter how good you get there will always be room for improvement (even with straight "A+'s"). Hopefully your 2013 "Hobby GPA" will be better than 2012's. Have a good day, and year.

The main items Im looking to trade for are
    Baseball HOFers Autos I need
    Orioles Autos I need
    Baseball HOFers GU I need
    Orioles GU I need
    Vintage Orioles I need 1950s through 1970
    However other offers will be considered

Comment

Dude I think you did awesome! You kept it closer than I ever would have done!
      http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Love reading your blogs Mark. You did good above.

Comment

Thanks you guys...

OriolesFan - You are absolute right... always room for improvement.

tndcollectables - The key to my success is keeping the goals realistic. Hopefully I'll be able to reach this year's goals.

key2win - Thanks buddy... I'll keep writing them if you keep reading them ;-)
          Collecting autographs, game-used cards, & certain inserts/parallels of the following players/teams: Tony Gwynn/Padres, Kurt Suzuki/A's, Greg Maddux, Brett Favre/Packers, Steve Largent/Seahawks, Kobe Bryant/Lakers, & Devin Setoguchi/Sharks.

My Website

My Blog

My Bucket

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X