Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know about Surf City Sports Cards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know about Surf City Sports Cards?

It's suppose to be a new site...

Have heard a few complaints that they DO NOT fill their orders and do not return calls or emails.

They are located in Canton Ohio, however there is NO listing in the White Pages or Yellow Pages, and the phone number listed on the site is for a Dallas Texas mobile phone.

Surf City Sports Cards... if you can give me any information on this site I would appreciate it.
    Randy
    United States Air Force, Retired
    ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
    balance of life, an individual diagnosed
    with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Just got their phone # off their site and found this:
    (330) 430-9968 <TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD class="phone_arial_12 color333333" style="MARGIN: 0px">Phone Type:</TD><TD class="phone_arial_14 color333333" style="MARGIN: 0px">Cellular </TD></TR><TR><TD class="phone_arial_12 color333333" style="MARGIN: 0px">Location:</TD><TD class="phone_arial_14 color333333" style="MARGIN: 0px">Canton, OH </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Still collecting Frank Thomas in any uni and HoFer G/U & Auto's.

I do not trade nor buy at "eBay values", unless a card is so rare that it is unlisted.

Comment

Red flags go up everywhere for me..."Surf City" but located in Canton, OHIO with a Dallas, Texas cell # as their business phone.....and if customers have complained about not receiving their orders or emails being answered..... I wouldn't give them a second thought!

There are plenty of legit sites like Atlanta Sports Cards, Blowout, and DA Cardworld to name just a few. Ive never had a problem with any of those and always receive prompt and courteous service.

Comment

Originally posted by thebighurt035 View Post
        Just got their phone # off their site and found this:
        (330) 430-9968 <TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD class="phone_arial_12 color333333" style="MARGIN: 0px">Phone Type:</TD><TD class="phone_arial_14 color333333" style="MARGIN: 0px">Cellular </TD></TR><TR><TD class="phone_arial_12 color333333" style="MARGIN: 0px">Location:</TD><TD class="phone_arial_14 color333333" style="MARGIN: 0px">Canton, OH </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
        Roy,

how did you get that? when I do whitepages.com reverse lookup, it gives me Dallas.
        Randy
        United States Air Force, Retired
        ranbethscards.com

Freedom Is Not Free

From the time of discovery and for the
        balance of life, an individual diagnosed
        with cancer IS a Survivor!

Thank You GOD...I am a Survivor!

Comment

I wouldn't care if the cell # traced back to the White House! I'd never do business with someone using a cell phone as a business phone. Also, VOIP lines can be masked to look like they're calling from your area.

Comment

Originally posted by ranbethscards View Post
            It's suppose to be a new site...

Have heard a few complaints that they DO NOT fill their orders and do not return calls or emails.

They are located in Canton Ohio, however there is NO listing in the White Pages or Yellow Pages, and the phone number listed on the site is for a Dallas Texas mobile phone.

Surf City Sports Cards... if you can give me any information on this site I would appreciate it.
            I did some investigation on them because I was curious about how they could have such low prices, too. Just too good to be true, finding a case of 2013 Topps Archives Baseball for $725, then a 10% discount to make it 652.50, with free shipping and no tax? Something tells me if I went through with the purchase I would have been 652 and a half bucks poorer with nothing to show for it.
            sigpic
            1972 Topps Baseball PSA in progress!
            http://www.psacard.com/PSASetRegistr...?s=122763&ac=1
            Collects mostly Roberto Clemente, Wade Boggs, Mike Trout

Comment

Working...
            X