How to choose cards to get graded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to choose cards to get graded

First post and noob here. I was a big basketball card collector as a kid (cards from the 96-03 era) and I've just picked back up with football in the last month.

I've been considering shelling out the cash to get a few older Kobe Bryant Rookies graded, and maybe a few Jordan finest refractors. For those of you who have had cards graded, how did you choose which ones to get graded? Obviously if there is visible wear on the corners or face, dings, white stuff showing around edges they wouldn't be the best choices. Is there any other way I can do a check myself to make sure that it's worth spending the money to get them graded? I figure with the Jordan topps finest I have a better chance of getting a higher grade, but the card has a bit of bow in it (came out of the pack that way).

Any tips?

We have had this question come up a few times. Let me look back in the threads and see what some of the others have said. Personally, I don't like grading cards, but to each his own!
    Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
    Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
    Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

http://community.cardboardconnection...-question.html

Here is some of the info from your question
      Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
      Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
      Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

Here is another thread:
        http://community.cardboardconnection...-services.html

Comment

And.... One more:
          http://community.cardboardconnection...ded-cards.html

Comment

Thanks a mill. Yeah I'm not crazy about the expense, but it seems so important for resell these days. Although I could care less if any of my favorite players cards are graded or not, I'm just happy to collect and have them.

Comment

I have only had a couple of cards graded by Beckett and it bothers me that they don't give you shipping options. I'm assuming that they have a deal with Fed-Ex. It looks like Brett has given you some good info, so feel free to check his links.
              Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Working...
              X