Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS4 VS. Xbox one

VS.

I was surprised to see there isn't a thread on this already.

So, here it is......spill your guts on the two newest gaming systems coming out this month! .... in other words, help a dummy decide!!!...

As many of you may be doing soon, or already have done, I am starting to weigh the options on the two systems and which will be the best when I upgrade. Surely there will be many different factors in my/your decision, but that's what this thread is about....

For me, here are my concerns (which aren't that many):
    • I currently have a decent pile of Xbox games (that im assuming I'll still be able to play them on the new Xbox one??)
    • I mostly play sports games, racing and SOME 1st person shooters
    • price
    • extras I'll have to buy on top of the system.......ei. HDMI cables, 2nd controller, etc.
    • internet connection, wireless WIFI capabilities
    • Does either-or come with rechargeable controllers, or will they both require double A's, as the previous systems?

answer: PS4 comes with re-chargable controllers, xbox ONE will require batts.
    • based on the pictures, it looks like both systems come with a "Kinect" type device....for games that you use motion to play, is this correct?

I'm not a huge technical guy, i "think" I have some general knowledge just from reading for the last 20 mins. that the two systems are pretty close in storage and processing speeds...PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Please chime in with any info you may have on comparing the two systems, or provide any links of good articles you may know of.

Thx for looking.
    Last edited by azdbacks1998; 11-13-2013, 05:41 PM.
    Currently looking for:
    Football: The Gronk!
    Basketball: Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, & Michael Jordan, 90's refractors or #rd stuff, Damon Stoudamire, Penny, etc.
    Baseball: Paul Goldschmidt & Mike Trout
    + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Collecting University of Arizona current and Alum players!!!
    Go Cats!!!

Trade page:
    http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/deannal_2008/

Well, the PS3 had rechargeable controllers, I'd imagine more of the same with the 4.
    My Bucket: http://s1284.beta.photobucket.com/us...ghost/library/

I collect: TRAE ARBET, Austin Meadows, Gregory Polanco

Comment

Cool, i didn't know that......the last PS I had was the PS2 slim, and those had tethered controllers.

Check!!....another plus for the PS4....
      Currently looking for:
      Basketball: Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, & Michael Jordan, 90's refractors or #rd stuff, Damon Stoudamire, Penny, etc.
      + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Go Cats!!!

Trade page:

Comment

There's gaming systems besides Atari and Coleco?

Comment

And it is out. My friend got it last night at Best Buy. He reserved it and waited 30 minutes for it.

Comment

It appears 360 games won't work on the new Xbox one....that sucks...leaning towards the ps4 since I'd have to buy new games anyways....and i hear the ps4 performance (graffix + processing) is better on the ps4....but what do I know?!?!??
            Currently looking for:
            + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Go Cats!!!

Trade page:

Comment

Yahoo!

Sony has a hit on its hands.

In its first 24 hours of availability, the PlayStation 4 sold more than 1 million units in North America. That's nearly five times the number of PlayStation 3 units the company sold in that system's first two weeks on shelves.

"PS4 was designed with an unwavering commitment to gamers, and we are thrilled that consumer reaction has been so phenomenal," said Andrew House, President and Group CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment, Inc. "Sales remain very strong in North America, and we expect continued enthusiasm as we launch the PlayStation 4 in Europe and Latin America on November 29. We are extremely grateful for the passion of PlayStation fans and thank them for their continued support."

The fast adoption by consumers makes the PS4 Sony's fastest selling console, even topping the initial numbers of the PlayStation 2 in Japan.

It's a far cry from the early days of the PS3. It took more than a month-and-a-half for the company to ship 1 million units to its retail partners in 2006. And sales of the system in its first two weeks came in at just 197,000 units, according to The NPD Group, far short of the company's goal of 400,000

Parts shortages at the time were the chief reason for the PS3's early sales shortages, though the system's high price tag was also cited.

Sony will have a chance to further increase the PS4's sales totals in two weeks, when the system hits the U.K. and Europe on November 29. Demand is just as strong in that region, with Amazon telling U.K. customers that any orders at this point will arrive after Christmas.

Japan will get the system next February.

Sony has been very optimistic about the sales prospects for the PS4. Last week, SCEA president Jack Tretton predicted the company would sell 3 million PS4s by the end of the year. By the end of next March, Sony expects sales to top 5 million.

The launch isn't entirely smooth, though. Sony began investigating reports of hardware failure even before the PS4 hit shelves - and while the company says fewer than 1 percent of the units were affected, customer reviews on Amazon.com are full of complaints for people saying their system has died. Nearly 500 of the 1,600 customer reviews rank the system at one star.

Comment

Working...
              X