Why 70 Miles Per Hour Is the New 55

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why 70 Miles Per Hour Is the New 55

Everyone always goes 5 to 10 miles over the speed limit. Especially when it comes to freeways. Its been 5 years since I got a ticket for going 5 miles over the speed limit on the road, so I tend to only do this on the freeway with the flow of traffic. The article below is a good read and shows a map comparision between the 50 states.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...?mod=yhoofront

Theres rules,

anywhere not the freeway- +5 MPH
    freeway driving- +10 MPH

it hasnt failed me yet

Comment

yeah, Dans highway rules seem like they would work well, unless a cop is watching and 5 MPH turns to 7 MPH on accident
      sigpic

Comment

I pretty much go 10 mph over anywhere and I have never gotten a speeding ticket

Kazmir Collection 1621/2986 - 54.2%

like Mohammed Ali I float like a butterfly
        but sting like poison ivy

My tradesite

Comment

I speed all the time, but if someone wants to drive faster, I just slow down and let them get pulled over. (Only happened once so far)

I've only been pulled over once for speeding but the officer let me go because i was very polite. lol
          Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
          Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
          Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
          Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

what dan said would probley be best
            Looking for Stephen Curry, Jonas Jerebko, Chad Jenkins, Lions Rookies, Tigers, Pistons
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JesRey View Post
              I speed all the time, but if someone wants to drive faster, I just slow down and let them get pulled over. (Only happened once so far)

I've only been pulled over once for speeding but the officer let me go because i was very polite. lol
              I kinda go with this, but if someone's riding my bumper behind me, i just go really slow to piss them off, and it works, i was going 15 on a 40 just because the guy was way to close to my bumper, it was fun

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
                I kinda go with this, but if someone's riding my bumper behind me, i just go really slow to piss them off, and it works, i was going 15 on a 40 just because the guy was way to close to my bumper, it was fun
                I was driving next to a guy who insisted on stoping 50 feet in front of the stop light

people wouldn't stop honking at him for miles...it was hilarious
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah, that is something i like to do as well...

I don't need to get a ticket because you want to speed.
                  Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
                  Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
                  Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
                  Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

I do that too....then when they get mad enough and go to pass me, I speed up so they can't get around. That's what happens when you're gonna tailgate me.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
                    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
                    Johnson/Mears/
                    Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
                      I do that too....then when they get mad enough and go to pass me, I speed up so they can't get around. That's what happens when you're gonna tailgate me.
                      i do the exact same thing, it's so much fun because they get even more mad

Comment

Working...
                      X