Blockbuster Close To Bankruptcy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blockbuster Close To Bankruptcy

It has been rumored for a few years now, but Blockbuster is close to filing for bankruptcy. 2 years ago Blockbuster was going to buy Circuit City in an attempt to save both stores, but Circuit City went under. Over the years Blockbuster had to compete with Netflix and Gamefly, both which take majority of their customers and sales.

http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home...ters-only-hope

yeah they went out of business here.. between on demand movies and red box in this area.... noone really goes to blockbuster

Comment

I saw a Blockbuster 'red box' setup at Sheetz last night....$1 movies.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
      Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
      Johnson/Mears/
      Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

yup.. thats where we go.... even better than the 3 dollar on demand movies

Comment

1 blockbuster closed near me, but there are still several close by

Problem with Blockbuster is they aren't creative or innovative.

That's why Red Box and Netflix have taken over
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FrankMcdee View Post
            yup.. thats where we go.... even better than the 3 dollar on demand movies
            Same here...I haven't stepped foot into a movie store in a LONG time because of Red Box.

But that was the first non Red-Box $1 movie rental 'portal' I've seen before....guess Blockbuster wants to copy red box and hope to at least keep some business?

Johnson/Mears/
            Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
              Same here...I haven't stepped foot into a movie store in a LONG time because of Red Box.

But that was the first non Red-Box $1 movie rental 'portal' I've seen before....guess Blockbuster wants to copy red box and hope to at least keep some business?

Way to be innovative Block Buster
              sigpic

Comment

video stores are going be a thing of the past within the next 10-15 years. It'll all be online.
                http://photobucket.com/cards_for_trade_or_sale
                and my personal auto collection
                http://photobucket.com/tiger_tiger_cards_PC
                Autograph cards WANTS: Mike Vernon, Larry Kwong, Bob Cole
                Wants: GU All star net cards, 72, 76 Future Trends autos.

Comment

They can thank Netflix....

I miss my netflix, i need a job so i can get it again. I use to only go to Blockbuster to buy movies 4 for $20
                  Bucket l Los Angeles Inspiration l Tradelist
                  Collecting GU/Patches/Autos:
                  Dodgers, UCLA, Mexico, Adrian Gonzalez, Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant,
                  Joe Johnson, Toney Douglas, Tony Gonzalez, Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post

They have to do something? They have a ton of inventory that they arent using in stores... they can get no return on it at all unless they copy the competition.. I am sure hoping the brand name will help them compete or excede red box..

Comment

Originally posted by FrankMcdee View Post
                      They have to do something? They have a ton of inventory that they arent using in stores... they can get no return on it at all unless they copy the competition.. I am sure hoping the brand name will help them compete or excede red box..
                      Not sure why the brand name would really help, in terms of movies. All movies are the same quality.

Red Box is (IMO) a bigger brand name than Blockbuster anymore....only way Blockbuster can take them over now is if they throw Blu-Rays or video games in their portals.

Johnson/Mears/
                      Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Working...
                      X